80

Dylan

Dylan

"Are you going to be staying in a hotel again? We have a guest room that you'd be more than welcome to stay in. And I know you guys are young and in love, but make sure you stay in separate rooms, at least until you know the coast is clear,"

I chuckled at Theresa's words through the phone.

"Thank you, I'd love to stay with you guys," I said.

I was surprising Jo, again. I wanted to be there for her graduation, and even though she had been hinting at wanting me to come, she hadn't outright told me.

When she had told me the day of her graduation, I immediately began looking at flights and making arrangements. I had gotten Theresa's phone number from Meg, whose number I got from Jeremy.

I felt like all of this had me running in circles, but Jo was worth it. I was bringing Mom with me this time, I thought it would be a nice way for our parents to meet each other. Mom was also raving about seeing Jo again.

"It's absolutely no problem sweetheart," Theresa replied through the phone. "When does your flight leave? And what time do you land? David can pick you up,"

"The plane leaves New York at eleven today," I said as I checked the clock. I needed to leave soon. "And I think we'll get into Port around three or four this afternoon,"

"Okay. I'll make sure David has the times," She said. I heard clinking in the background. "Oh, I'm so excited to see you again! And to meet your mom too, it'll be such a delight!"

I smiled at her words and told her I felt the same. We said our goodbyes and I finished packing my things before leaving for my mother's house.

~

"I'm so excited to meet everyone!" Mom clapped her hands gleefully as we waited in the airport terminal.

"I'm glad you're happy," I chuckled and gave her a side hug. "I'm excited to see everyone also. You'll really love Jo's family,"

"If they're anything like her, I'm sure they'll be amazing,"

I was a little nervous for Mom to meet Jo's parents; maybe it was because I was still insecure about my family and my past. I didn't want many people to see that side of me, and it was difficult to let outsiders see what I'd been through.

I thought about what Jo would say if she were here and I had told her what I was feeling.

I'm proud of you, I reminded myself of those words she had spoken whenever I felt this way.

Knowing that that beautiful girl loved me and was supportive of me. Knowing that she was proud of the things I did only mended those tears in my soul more and more.

I couldn't wait to see her again, and I was nervous. The thought of seeing her brought an elated feeling to my heart that I had never felt with anyone else, but I was nervous because there was still that doubt that maybe, maybe she would walk away.