Epilogue

Josephine - Six Months later

I walked over the grass on the campus lawn, squinting through the sun as I searched for the correct building. My next class was in twenty minutes and I had absolutely no idea where I was supposed to be. I knew that twenty minutes would probably be enough time to figure out what building the creative writing class was in, but the anxiety riddled student in me was terrified that I would be late on the very first day.

I readjusted the strap of my book bag on my shoulder, taking a deep breath. I looked down to the paper in my hands and huffed in irritation as I read the campus map. The building I was looking for was on the other side of the building I was currently standing next to, and in a swift motion, I spun around and walked back the way I had come.

I checked the clock on my phone, seeing that there was still plenty of time, and my heart rate calmed slightly.

When I finally found the building, I rushed through the doors and down one of the halls, looking for room 26A. It was at the end of the hall, the door sat propped open with a small brick that had the word Write written in green paint with little flowers adorning the rest of the space. I smiled at it, feeling a sense of excitement bloom in me for what seemed like the millionth time since I came back to New York.

I walked through the door, seeing that there was only three other people in the room so far. A woman stood at the front behind a podium, I assumed that she was the Professor, and two others sat in the ocean of desks that filled the rest of the room. I made my way to the middle, not wanting to be in the front but also not in the back. I liked a happy medium; that way I wasn't always the first to be noticed but the teacher would still know that I was there.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and I pulled it out as I set my things on the floor next to my seat.

Good luck today, baby. You'll be great x

I smiled widely at the text, immediately typing out a reply.

Thank you, Teddy. I love you

More and more people began flooding into the room, and I found my sense of anxiety beginning to chip away. I was comfortable in this space; I was okay with being a student, and it was everyone's first day, so it didn't matter if I was nervous or not.

I looked around the room, taking in everyone that was a new face, which was pretty much the entire crowd. I heard someone sit down next to me and when I turned to see who it was, I was met with bright eyes and a wide smile.

The girl had blonde hair that was cut into a bob around her chin and she was wearing a white t shirt with blue overalls.

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" She asked. She had a slight Southern accent.

"Not at all," I smiled at her timidness, it only made me feel better that I wasn't the only one that was freaking terrified to be here.

"Thank goodness," The girl sighed. "In my last class, I tried to sit next to this girl that seemed friendly, you know, because she was wearing bright colors and not to be stereotypical, but bright colors usually means that you aren't going to bring down Heaven's fiery wrath on someone who tries to sit next to you, but as soon as I sat down she ripped me a new one, telling me that I needed to find somewhere else to sit and that those seats with her were for her friends and I swear, I don't usually cry easily, but right then I wanted to sink into a puddle of tears,"

My eyes widened as she continued to ramble on. She was a little smaller than me, and I found it amazing that someone so compact in size could use more lung capacity than me in order to speak.