Chapter 48

"I went into your room, I saw the test on the table" she admitted, "Why were you in my room?!" you slightly shouted, "Looking for stuff" she said quietly but interrupted herself with "So tell me, who's the baby daddy? What are you going to call it?".

You were so overwhelmed with all the questions that you had to blink a couple of times before answering "What? No! I'm not pregnant!" you corrected her. At least, you hoped you were correcting her.

She grinned at you and gave you a knowing look "Y/N, I can tell" she smirked, "What do you mean?" you asked cautiously "I can see it" she said, tapping her head. You shook your head in denial, "Well, you can't because I'm not" you stressed the 'not', more to reassure yourself than her. Completely disregarding the insane statement that just filled the air around you.

"Ooooh, is it Sean's? Please tell me it's Sean's" she cooed, you shook your head furiously and took a few steps back "No, no, no! Sean and I haven't spoken in months" you tried to divert the conversation to a different topic, you knew that Nova loved kids and couldn't wait to have them herself, but the glint in her eye seemed like mania.

She thought for a moment, but then her smile turned into a scowl as soon as the words flew into her ears and then sat itself firmly in her brain, you could almost see the little cogs in her mind turn "You're not still seeing Mr Fischbach are you?" the disgust in her words was as thick as wet tar, "No" you lied, you really didn't want to talk to her about this. Mainly because you weren't even sure yourself as to what your situation was.

You were never really sure what you and Mark were, or what you would call your relationship, if it even was that. The realisation started to dawn upon you that you had been pushing him away a lot recently, when was the last time you saw him outside of class: a week? maybe a month? God, even if you were his 'girlfriend' you were being a shitty one at that.

Remembering his face as you left his room today, it was full of worry and pain. He was worried about you and all you were doing was cutting him out of your life slowly, without realising you were doing it. Boy, were you glad Mark was going to come over tonight!

The sound of Nova's voice brought you out of your thoughts "Sure, so Jesse saw your twins at the theatre then?" she snapped, a slight smirk on her face as though she had just caught you red handed, "And you're still with Jesse why?" you fought back. "You don't know the half of what Jesse and I have been through" she said, pointing a finger at you and a lot of hatred in her eyes.

"I don't like you being around Mr Fischbach, he changes you" she spat, not able to see the irony in her own sentence "He changes me?" you scoffed, "When was the last time you saw your reflection? If anything, Jesse's changing you!" you dug at her, all previous care gone. 

"At least Jesse and I are legally allowed to be together" her words were full of venom, with the intent to hurt you, "Oh for God's sake!" you groaned, throwing your arms into the air, only to bring them down to point back at her "Mark and I can be together, there's barely even an age gap!" you shouted defensively.

"So why are you trying so hard to hide it?" she prodded, "Look, in a few months I'll be done with College and then there's literally nothing holding it back" you shot at her, "Mmmhmm" she hummed, "But you're not done with College" she commented, raising an eyebrow cockily.

"It would be a shame if someone were to say something" she threatened, "Oh for fuck's sake, not you too" you groaned, "I have done nothing to you to deserve this, all I've ever done is stood by your side while you make stupid life decisions" you screamed at her "Just let me be happy for once, and maybe get your head out of Jesse's arse long enough to see what he's doing to you" you grit your teeth and clenched your jaw with pure uncontrollable rage.

Nova opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by her phone sounding, "Hello" she said timidly, answering the phone "Oh shit, babe, I'm so sorry" she started to panic, her eyes frantically searching for something around the room "No, I didn't find anything" she replied to the prick on the other side of the phone.

"Is that Jesse?" you mocked her, "Tell him I said 'Go fuck yourself'" you added, she sourly smiled at you and then was pulled back into the conversation on the phone "Yeah, no I'm still here" she said sweetly, "Okay, I'm coming now" she added before pushing past you and exiting the apartment.

You slammed the door behind her, walking over to your fridge and writing a note to your future self on the white board to get the locks changed.

Want chapters to come out faster? Consider supporting me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/TheAngelThatWrote

Thank you so much to OddMini for supporting me for 13 months straight, you're the best!