Chapter 30

"It's Mr, Fischbach to you" he said coldly.

"So it's just favouritism then, yeah?" Nova said, you stared at her. You knew exactly what she was trying to say.

She only gave you a brief glance but there was no emotion in her eyes, she genuinely didn't care if she hurt you she just wanted to get to Mark.

"Is your first name 'Mark', Sir?" Samuel asked. Luckily, it gave a distraction to Nova's comment.

"Yeah, I guess the cat's out the bag" Mark chuckled, he was trying to seem normal but you could tell he was getting angrier the longer that Nova stared at him.

He continued to unpack his stuff when the bell sounded meaning that the lesson had begun.

A few more people filtered through the door but the class seemed to be a bit thin today.

That was good, if Nova was going to say  anything then at least it wouldn't be in front of the entire class.

Once everyone had sat down Mark spoke up "Hello everybody, today we're going to be recapping mythology".

Teacher-mode had kicked in, you admired the quick change in his personality, it made him all that more attractive to you.

Mark had been explaining what topics the class were going to be revisiting but thoughts about that night came back to you.

You were off in another land, you were recapping something but it wasn't the lesson.

"Y/N" Mark's voice brought you back "Focus here please" he said gesturing to the board.

You had to give it to him, when he was teaching, he didn't treat you differently, you liked that though it meant that you could still learn.

"Yeah, sorry Sir" you said rubbing your eyes and giving his presentation all your attention.

"Sir?" You heard Nova scoff from the back of the class, was she mocking the fact that you called him 'Sir'?.

For a second Mark's eyes glanced towards Nova, he was fuming but trying his hardest to keep it in.

He returned to his power point, he explained the different types of mythology from different time periods: Greek, Norse, Egyptian ect.

Today you were focusing on Greek, that was good, you needed to actually learn this content. You were distracted, to say the least, the first time round.

You were taking notes on everything that popped up on the screen, it only felt like a couple of minutes but then you heard a bell ring which meant that it was break.

You dropped your pen and stretched your fingers out to relieve the tension that had built up in your hand, your head snapped up when you hear Mark speak "Okay, take a 15 minute break. I expect you back here at quarter past not twenty past or twenty five past!".

I might seem weird, but you found teacher Mark very attractive, he was kind but stern at the same time. And who doesn't love a man in a suit?

You watched as the whole class left the room, Mark walked over to you and put the tips of his fingers on your desk to get your attention, it worked, you looked up at him as soon as his hand came into your view.

"Do you want anything from the canteen?" he asked, you glanced at the time and it read 10:56am "A little early for lunch isn't it?" you asked laughing slightly.

"I get my lunch now to avoid the rush of the youths" he joked, making youths sound like some disease, "You're not that far off us remember" you teased back.

"Okay then, the rush of the peasants" he said, putting his hand on his hips and wiggling his head in a way that made it seem like it was detached from his neck.

After you had finished laughing at his weird contortion you said "No, I'm okay thanks" and watched him leave.

You got your phone out and started to scroll through Twitter when you heard a shuffling of a chair behind you, you thought you were alone in the classroom but apparently not.

You looked behind you as soon as you heard the noise, Nova was sat in her seat staring directly at you. You rolled your eyes and turned your attention back to your phone.

"What's your problem?" you heard, you turned yourself around so you could see her properly, there was pure hate written on her face "What's my problem? What's your problem?" you said back.

"I don't know" she said sarcastically "Maybe the fact that you're messing with the emotions of my best friend" she snapped, you looked at her confused "I'm your best friend? I'm not messing with my own emotions am I?" you snapped back at her.

"You used to be my best friend" she said coldly, "I meant Jack" she finished. "How am I messing with him? We're fine" you said, turning back around so you didn't have to look at her, you stared at the clock hoping that it would hurry up so Mark would come back and this confrontation would end.

"You slept with him" she reminded you, you said nothing "Then didn't talk to him for weeks" she continued, you began to feel bad again. You shouldn't have treated him like that, but it's all fixed now right?

There was silence for a while, until you heard footsteps making their way to your table."He was so confused about why you wouldn't talk to him, he thought he did something wrong" you continued to stare the clock down, 11:08am, they'd be back soon and she'd have to stop.

"Now I know why, it's cause you're fucking your teacher instead!" she scorned, putting her weight on your bad leg, you yelped out in pain and tried to push her hand away but it wouldn't give.

"Get off" you said through gritted teeth, the pain was becoming overwhelming and you felt the tears start to make their ways to your bottom lid.

She just pushed down more and made you scream in pain "People don't do that, Y/N" she shouted at you.

"What's going on here?" you heard a familiar voice say and the pressure was released from your leg. You wiped your eyes so you could see clearly. "Nancy, what the hell are you doing?!" Mark shouted, putting his food down on his desk.

"Don't pretend like you care" she spat at him, before he could say anything in response she said "The only reason you're standing up for her is because you're banging her!" she shouted. You winced at the words, a couple of students had followed Mark into the room.

There's no way they didn't hear Nova, they all looked and you, then Mark, then back at you again.

Shit.