Chapter 25

Today was the day you were being let out of the hospital, you'd been here for 8 days including the 3 you were unconscious for.

Mark was still sitting in the same chair that was next to your bed, he truly had never left your side.

"Are the University not curious about why neither of us are in?" you asked him while packing your stuff.

"We'll I told them what had happened to you and said that I needed a short time off to deal with what had happened" he explained, handing you the medication that the nurses had given you.

"So, no one thinks it's strange?" you asked hesitantly, you knew what you were trying to ask but couldn't get it out in the right way.

"Nope" he said smiling at you, "I'll be back to teaching again tomorrow morning and you'll return whenever you can" he said taking your case off of you.

Considering you were lucky to even have your leg, the doctors had given you crutches to walk with.

You slipped your arms into them and started to clip your way down the hospital hall.

Mark walked next to you carrying your over night bag, it made you laugh to see him in this feminine way.

"Will you be okay in your flat? By yourself?" he asked you as he held the door open for you.

"Yeah, I should be" you said as you wobbled your way through the door "If Nova is actually at home" you mumbled afterwards.

"I don't trust her" he grumbled back.

"She's still my best friend" you said getting defensive.

The rest of the trip was in silence, you slowly climbed into Mark's car and he drove you back to your flat.

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?" he asked you again as you hobbled out of his car and picked up your bags.

"I'll be fine, stop worrying" you reassured him, as you picked up the last bag he put his hand over yours. The same way he did in the hospital.

You looked up at him and saw he as already looking you in the eye.

"If you need anything, anything, call or text me" he smiled.

"Thanks, but I'm sure I'll be okay" you said, crinkling your nose as you half smiled.

You waved him off as he drove away.

Now the fun part, getting the door unlocked without dropping everything.

By some Norse magic you managed to get the door open, you propped it open with your crutch and dragged your bags in.

"Alright there?" you heard a familiar voice say.

You looked up and saw Nova and Jack sitting at the table with cups in their hands.

"Do ya need a hand?" Jack said rising from the table and helping you with your bags.

"Uh, thanks but what I really need is a leg" you tried to laugh the awkwardness off.

"How'd you get back from the hospital?" Nova asked, her voice was hard and cold.

"Oh, I got a taxi" you lied, "Really?" she said, making you look up at her, she had one eyebrow raised.

You just nodded at her as you held your bedroom door open for Jack

You let the door shut behind him and stumbled your way to the kitchen.

"What's your problem?" Nova spat at you, you were startled by her.

"Well, I've just spent the last week and a bit in the hospital with a gunshot wound" you replied sarcastically.

"Your turn" you spat back, flopping into a dining chair.

"Jack went to visit you in the hospital, you know that?" she said, placing her hands on the table.

"Did he?" you simply asked "That's nice" you smiled, if only Jack knew what you'd done to him.

"Did you visit me?" you asked her after a short silence.

"How could I when fluffy was guarding you the whole time?" she said, which gained a confused look from you.

"The three-headed dog? God, what have they put you on?" she explained, you were still confused.

"I got the reference but I don't understand" you said and wait for an explanation.

She huffed as she sat down opposite you, "Jack told me that Mr. Fischbach was with you when he visited" she finally said.

"Was he?" you asked, you knew he was there when you woke up but you didn't know how long he had been there.

"Why was he there Y/N?" she asked you bluntly.

You went to answer but you were cut off "Yeah, why was he there?" Jack asked while standing in the doorway.