Chapter 19

For the first time since you started University you done all your homework as soon as you had gotten it.

You were staring at the wall in front of you for God knows how long, you didn't know what to do with yourself.

Picking up your phone, you unlocked it, no messages. Nothing.

It was difficult to feel anything because you didn't know what was going on, was this it between you two? Was he ever going to talk to you again?

You sighed and walked out of your room, dodging the piles of clothes you had around the floor, and into the kitchen.

Nova still wasn't home, you hadn't seen her in a couple of days. I hope she's okay.

You took out your phone again and went into messenger, tapping onto her name.

You: Hey, hope you're alright, I haven't seen you in ages. Let me know what you're up to x

You sounded like a worried mother. As you exited your chat with Nova you saw his name, 'Mark' was all you'd named him in your phone. You tapped on his name and your last chat had popped up, you read through it with a heavy heart.

You: I just came out of Starbucks and it reminded me of the other week ;)

Don't get used to buying your own drinks :Mark

You: I can pay for a Mocha Latte by myself, I'm a big girl now!

Well, 'Big Girl', I'd like to spoil you more often so get used to it :Mark

That's what I'm naming you in my phone! :Mark

You: What 'Big Girl'? That sounds dodgy XD

True, what about 'Simba'? :Mark

You: Where did that come from?

I don't know, I just love The Lion King I guess :Mark

You: You can be Nala then XD

You stopped reading, just looking at these messages hurt your chest. You contemplated sending him a message, you tapped the keyboard so it popped up and you thought for a second.

You couldn't think of anything, what where you supposed to say? Are we still a thing? Were we ever a thing? Nothing seemed to fit so you put your phone back into your pocket.

Walking over to the sink, you started to do the dishes. Were you feeling okay? You were doing the dishes without being asked or pestered.

It took you 20 minutes to finish washing up, you checked your phone again, still nothing.

You finally got the courage to text him.

You: I take it you're not talking to me

You simply put, it was the best thing you could come up with that didn't sound harsh or rude, you waited for the little 'delivered' sign to come up and then waited a bit longer, and a bit longer until you had been staring at the screen for at least five minutes.

You sighed and put your phone back into your pocket and walked back into your room, then you done the unspeakable, you started to tidy up your room.

You put all your clothes in the right draws and all your folders and books on their shelves.

Then you felt your phone vibrate, your heart jumped and you quickly took out your phone. It was from Nova.

I'm at Jesse's :Nova

You: When are you going to come back? x

When are you going to stop messing with Jack? :Nova

You stared down at the screen, unsure of where this came from. She was clearly mad at you.

You: I haven't spoken to him in about a week, how am I messing with him?

Exactly, you can't just kiss him, sleep with him then never speak to him again :Nova

You: Why? You do that to guys all the time.

Okay, that may have been a bit of an arsehole thing to say but you were angry, upset and lost. You needed her right now and where was she?

Wow, talk to me when you actually wanna be my friend Y/N. :Nova

Oh, and tell Jack the real reason you're not talking to him, or I will :Nova

You: What does that even mean?

You know what it means, you and our teacher? :Nova

You: Nothings going on between us, you're supposed to be my best friend, why are you doing this?

Jack is my friend too and you're being a prick :Nova

You backed out of the chat and collapsed onto your bed, this day was getting worse and worse.