Chapter 10

You woke up the next morning with your head on something warm and hairy, you were sure you hadn't invested in a new heated pillow so you opened your eyes slowly.

That's when you remembered everything that happened last night, you looked up to see Jack's adorable sleeping face. You quietly tip-toed out of bed to make sure you didn't wake him up.

You slipped on your dressing gown and walked to the kitchen to boil the kettle to make yourself a coffee, it was your morning routine. You couldn't survive without your coffee.

While you waited for the kettle to boil, you admired the various new tattoos you'd gotten the night before in the reflection of the oven.

And by tattoos you meant hickeys.

'Morning lass' you heard someone say as two arms wrapped themselves around your waist.

You chuckled to yourself 'Morning, Jack' you said back, leaning your head on his head which was propped up on your shoulder.

'Do you want a coffee?' You asked as you poured your own.

'Hell yeah! Love a good coffee in the mornin' he shouted, you hushed him quickly, you didn't know if Nova had come home last night.

God I hope she didn't, I hope she didn't hear!

You took out another cup from the cupboard and put the coffee and water in.

'I'll let you do your own sugar and milk' you said sliding the milk across the counter and to him.

You both stood in silence for a while as neither of you attempted to talk about last night, even though you were both thinking about it.

When you finished your coffee you washed your cup up and headed for the bathroom.

'I'm just going to take a shower, help yourself to breakfast' you said to Jack as you left the room.

You grabbed underwear; black shorts, white knee high socks with black stripes around the tops, and a grey top with a black moon on it, and set them down on the floor before jumping in the shower.

You could hear Jack rummaging around in the kitchen with an occasional clatter of something hitting the floor followed by a 'Jesus Christ'.

You laughed to yourself at him, but hoped he didn't think this was a permanent thing.

You liked him, sure, but this was just a one time thing. You knew who you really wanted.

The steam from the hot shower started to get to you so you hurried up as quickly as you could.

You dried yourself, got dressed and blow dried your hair. All in the space of 10 minutes.

You checked your phone for the time, 7:15am. Not bad considering your lecture started at 8am.

That's when you remembered the hickeys, glancing back in the mirror to check on them. They looked bad and they were really obvious.

You decided you'd put on a plain black scarf and a black cardigan, just to be sure they were hidden.

You still had time to kill so you opened up your laptop, an email popped up and your stomach fluttered when you saw the name.