Chapter 43

You both lay cuddled up on your small single bed, Mark with his back against the wall, you leaning against his chest and your laptop on your lap.

"Do you think that'll be enough?" you asked him, sliding your head to the side so you could look up at his face, but instead getting a weird angle of a lot of chin. "Enough for half a dissertation" he laughed, not looking away from your screen.

"What do you mean half a dissertation?" you questioned him, sounding hurt "I've written like 6,000 words"" you continued, repeatedly tapping the counter on the bottom left of the screen that actually said 5,967. Not quite 6,000 but that's not the point.

"You know you need to write at least 12,000 words right?" Mark said, raising his eyebrow at you, "No!" you shouted, completely taken back by this news "Since when?!" you asked, "Since the beginning of the year, I also mentioned it in a seminar before Christmas" he explained.

Turning your head back to face the screen and muttering a quiet 'Oh', you sat up straight again, "You'd have known that if you'd attended" Mark commented, it came across more snappy than teasingly. "Hey hey hey" you said, stopping him in his tracks "Right now, you're kinda-boyfriend Mark, not Mr. Fischbach, Mark".

"What do you mean 'kinda-boyfriend'?" he asked, completely missing the point, "Well" you started, "We're not exactly dating are we" you pointed out, "I mean, we went on that date with Chica" Mark said, "Yeah, but it takes more than one date to bag me" you said, wiggling your eyebrows and holding your head high "I'm high quality" you joked.

Mark was silent. Then started to get up all of a sudden, he took your laptop off of your lap. "Hey" you shouted, making grabby hands at your laptop "Get up" he said. You folded your arms over your chest pretending to strop, "Get up!" he said again but with more force and actually gestured for you to stand up.

You huffed but obliged, "Now what?" you asked when you were finally standing "Get dressed" he said, "Why?" you questioned, looking down at your tee-shirt and jogging bottoms, "We're going to the cinema" Mark smiled, "You haven't seen Infinity War yet have you?" he continued.

Shaking your head you walked over to your wardrobe and started to change into your favourite outfit, "Good, cause there's a showing in just over an hour" he said, you looked over your shoulder at him and saw that he was already scrolling through his phone.

Once you were dressed Mark basically pulled you out of your flat and into his car, within no time you were at the movies. That might have been partly down to Mark going over the speed limit, but you weren't going to tell anyone.

For some reason Mark hadn't picked your normal local movie theatre, instead he'd driven two towns over. "What's wrong with the Curzon?" you inquired, you felt within your right to ask considering it was such a strange thing to do.

"Well" Mark started, walking up to the doors of the theatre, before he continued he showed his phone to the man who was taking tickets, the man nodded at him and let you both pass. 

"Considering this isn't technically allowed" he gestured between the two of you "I thought it would be safer to go to a theatre where there's no chance of us bumping into someone we know" he grinned.

"I see" you said, returning his cheeky grin. You didn't want to admit it but it was a very good idea, almost like he was trying to prove a point he took your hand in his.

After a surprisingly small queue for food and drink, you were sat in your seats watching the trailers. Mark had chosen to have just a regular diet Pepsi and you'd opted for a mixed slush puppy, of course Mark hadn't let you pay for anything.

When the title screen began to play, both you and Mark started moving around in your seats excitedly, until you noticed that it had been changed to a minor key, you looked at each other with concern. You weren't ready.

About halfway through the film, Mark presented you with the popcorn and you happily took a couple of pieces and tried to chew on them as quietly as you could, as soon as you felt the sweet mush hit your stomach you knew you'd made a bad decision.

You tried to sit through it and ignore the twisting and pulling feeling your tummy was making, but after ten minutes of putting up with it, you couldn't hold onto it anymore. You leaned in to Mark and quickly whispered "Need to pee" and before he could say anything, you stood up and rushed to the bathroom.

Fast walking into the women's bathroom, you slammed open the toilet door so hard that it bounced off of the wall. You slid the lock across as quickly as you could and dropped to your knees, just in time to vomit up the empty contents of your stomach.

Desperately trying to catch your breath, you leaned against the wall of the stall. You really needed to go to the doctors about this.

Eventually you mustered up the strength to pull yourself up off of the floor and exit the bathroom, as soon as you entered the corridor you saw Mark standing there patiently, holding all your food and drinks. 

"You okay?" he asked, his eyebrow raising slightly, you didn't say anything but nodded to reassuring him, "I think you should-" he started but was interrupted by a loud "Hey" coming from behind you.

You turned your head around to see where the noise was coming from, what you saw made you want to be sick all over again. Jesse was running down the corridor, when he saw who you were with he slowed to a stop, "Oh" he said "I see what's going on" he said once he came to a standstill.

"I thought you were really intelligent Y/N, but it turns out you're just a whore" Jesse spat at you.

Mark stood slightly in front of you, still holding your beverages, "I suggest you chose your next words carefully" Mark threatened him, your body began to shake slightly as you felt your heart thumping against your rib cage.

Jesse smirked, looking Mark up and down, and then glanced at you "I wondered why you were blowing Jack off so much. You probably fucked them both in the same day" Jesse said, his voice coated in hate. "Watch your tongue Mr. Danieli" Mark snapped at him, you could tell he was getting angrier and angrier by the second. You put your hand on Mark's arm gently "Mark, leave it" you said to him, trying to calm him down, "Aww that's cute" Jesse mocked, "I bet Jack would love to hear about this" he finished before walking off towards the exit.

You stood, frozen to the spot, holding on to Mark's arm - completely unsure of what to do.

A big thank you to OddMini and Ashley L for supporting me on Patreon!

Want chapters to come out faster and more regularly? Support me on Patreon, even if it's only $1 every little helps and the more money I make from writing the less time I have to spend at my shitty cafe job and the more time I can spend creating stuff for you!

https://www.patreon.com/TheAngelThatWrote