"Happy birthday princess"

Ella's POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday bitch, happy birthday to fucking yooou" Hayley bounces into my room and launches herself on to my bed.

"Argh what time is it?" I moan.

"I dunno, I haven't been asleep yet" Hayley grins. She's been with Jake, she finished her shift and went back to his for the night.

I roll over and pull my phone from my bedside table, "Hayley it's 6.30 in the morning. Go away!" I shove her off my bed and roll over pulling the covers over my head.

"No! It's your birthday and also may I remind you it's Christmas Eve! It's officially fucking Christmas" she jumps around my room.

"Ok! Ok I'm fucking up now thanks to you and plus I do need to sort myself out. I haven't done one bit of Christmas shopping" I slowly sit up in my bed.

"Ew, that makes me feel kind of sick. All my presents are wrapped and stored in my cupboard" she looks at me with narrow eyes "expect yours, yours is not there"

I laugh and roll my eyes, "I won't go snooping don't worry. Have you cooked me a full English breakfast then since you've woken me at this time and it's my birthday?"

"Don't be silly. I don't cook. I'll do you some toast and a coffee though. I'll be right back" she hurries off to the kitchen.

I lay back and unlock my phone, I know Louis doesn't normally celebrate his birthday but we have decided it's time for a change. I text him a simple 'Happy birthday' message. He'll be asleep so hopefully I won't wake him up.

As soon as I put my phone down my message alert pings.

Happy birthday princess. Why are you up?

I reply instantly.

Hayley woke me up at this time! Why are you up?

As I send the message Hayley walks in with some toast and coffee. I smile and thank her as I place the coffee on my side table and the toast on my lap.

"So it's nothing huge but here" Hayley hangs me a small bag with a card.

"Hayley, you didn't have to get me anything" I gratefully take the bag. I know how annoying people have found my birthday being the day before Christmas. I normally get an all in one birthday and Christmas present.

"Your my best friend, as if I'm not going to buy you a birthday present!" She crosses her legs on my bed.

I open the card and read the thoughtful message and place it on my table. I pull out about a tonne of paper she's stuffed in the bag and finally get to the presents.

In the bag she's brought me, a Yankee candle; vanilla my favourite. I pull out some make up from my favourite brand, a new top and some fluffy socks. The last thing is a new pandora charm.

"Thanks Hays. I love them all" I move the bag out the way and give her a tight hug.

We chat for a while before she decides she needs to go to bed and get some sleep. I moan at the fact she's woken me up early and now fucks off to bed.

When she's left I drink my coffee when my phone rings, "Hello"

"Why the fuck haven't you text me back? I messaged you ages ago" Louis moans down the phone.