"I'll be your friend forever"

Start from the beginning

With tears threatening to burst from my eyes, "Harry?"

Louis nods his head, "we use to wave at each other from our bedroom windows then slowly we used card to write notes on them. We were only ten, I was ten when I found my first friend. We started sneaking out after everyone was in bed, we would sit out in the back yard and talk for hours and laugh. I'd never laughed before I met Harry, I didn't know I could. I slowly started to tell him about my parents and it was then I realised through Harry how fucked up my life was" Louis stands and goes to the bar bringing over the whole bottle and filling his glass up.

"I don't know what to say Louis. I'm so so sorry" I place my hand on his knee but he shakes it off.

"Shit happens to kids, it always will just be thankful you had parents who wanted and loved you" he downs his glass.

"Harry was my only worth in life, he kept me going through everything knowing at the end of the day I was going to see him in secret, he was the reason I didn't fucking kill myself. On my eleventh birthday my father called me down from my room. He had a box in his hand this was the first present I was given in my life. I always just use to watch my mother and father open gifts to each other and wonder what it was like to receive such a thing. I opened the box and there was a small Mickey Mouse toy. I remember the smile on my face. I loved Disney, my mother use to let me watch the films and I saw adverts on tv saying it was the happiest place on earth. I really wanted to go more than anything"

"Louis I'm so sad for you. For everything you've been through" I whisper.

"It was the worse birthday of my life and that was the day everything ended" he closes his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I frown.

Louis' POV - fifteen years ago

"I'll meet you here tonight at our usual time" Harry says as I rush back indoors upon hearing my fathers car pull up the drive.

I will look forward to seeing Harry tonight, he said he brought me a gift for my birthday. It will be my first ever present and I'm really excited.

I scramble upstairs and sit in my room, my old uncomfortable bed dirty from never been changed. I quickly hide the toy story movie under my bed that my mum gave me a few weeks back just incase my father finds it. I don't want to think what he'll do to me if he sees it.

I spend the next few hours in my cold bare room until I hear him calling my name, "Oi fuck face come down here"

Every time he calls me shivers run throughout my body, thoughts of what he might do to me makes me sick. The pain foremost it the worse, but I've learnt to control it but it never gets better. I slowly leave my room and walk down the stairs.

I enter the living room and come face to face with the monster, he's holding a small box wrapped in paper.

"Happy birthday" he holds the box out.

Feeling confused I look to my mother who is sitting in the arm chair with her head down.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Don't ask dumb fucking questions" he throws the box on the floor in front of me.

I pick up it always keeping eye contact with him, I need to know where he is in the room at all times.

I unwrap the present and open the box and pull out a Mickey Mouse toy.

"Wow" I hold it up and inspect it. I've never really felt happiness before but this must be it. I pull it into my chest "Hello Mickey" I whisper in to his ear. Toy story has made me really want to believe in toys being real.