XXVIII.

It's been four months since then and Issy and have been gradually developing our relationship. We go on dinner dates one a month and relax on the couch ever other day. My shoulder acts up here and there but Issy isn't letting me go to work until it's fully recovered.

Unfortunately, my boss fired me so Issy is the breadwinner at the moment. I've been trying my luck at the lottery but no luck so far. It's our anniversary and I can't afford something nice for her as much as I hate to admit.

"Roc?" She calls. I looked at her. She sat up in our bed, concerned." Is something wrong?" I shook my head then sighed and nodded.

"I wanted to get you something nice for ou—"

"There's no nee—"

I sat up." There is.....I'd give anything to make this anniversary the b—"

"Being here with you makes it special." She protests." I don't want or need anything....having you is enough for you."

I sighed." Getting you something nice is the least I could do...I'm the one who made us have this miserable life."

She frowns." I'm not miserable...sure we struggle to make ends meet but we always pull through regardless."

"You're happy?" I asked. She smiles and nods.

"Yes! This day would be ever better if you cooked your special Fettuccine Alfredo. Hint, hint." I chuckled.

"Whatever the queen desires, I will see to her need are met." I said, teasingly.

She laughs. My heart flipped. I watched her face light up." Queen huh? I like the sound of that." She says. She smile slowly fades." Do you know what else would make today amazing."

"What?"

"And back massage." She says giggling." On get on your stomach."

"I thought you wanted me to give one to you." She shook her head.

"Some other time...I'm not the one with a bad shoulder." She states. I rolled my eyes and laid on my stomach. Her small hand worked their magic on my back and shoulders." Relax." She says, when she found a knot. I let out a ridge breath and tried to relax. I mean it's hard to relax with all these problems we've faced and having her tell me that she's happy....I don't know what to do. Should I try hard to give her a better life? Or leave things the way they are.

I hate the second option. I don't want her to have to work two jobs to get us by. I can't do that to her. I want to make her life easier the best way I can. A kiss on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at her through the corner of my eye. She sat back on her kneel. I got up and sat beside her." What's wrong?"

"You knotted up back are making my hands hurt." She says. I chuckled softly when she gives me a goofy grin. I took her hands and kissed each knuckle. I looked into her eyes as I did so.

Her hair was in two messy, braids and she wore an old, pink t-shirt and basketball shorts. Beautiful as always. She slide her hands out of mine and ran her hand up my shoulders." Come here." I whispered. She came closer and I pulled her into my lap.

I kissed her.

Ishawni's POV

I ran my hand against the burn scars that took up most of his back and left shoulder. I pressed my lips against his bad shoulder. He pulls my shirt of my head and her touches my scar from being shot." We both had rough lives haven't we?" He says? Before pressing his warm lips against the scar." I hope your flexible." He says, lifting his head and smirking.

I laughed uneasily." I don't think I am."

He smiles, devilishly." We'll see." He says. He pulls off my shorts. That small smirk on his face give me butterflies. He slowly ran his hand from my calf to my inner thigh. I giggled.

Smiling, he leans down to kiss me. His tongue invaded my mouth and I his. I grabbed fistfuls of his hair. He lifts my head up by holding up the back of my neck. The kiss was broken so that he could pull my shirt over my head.