XVIII.

I shivered when he ran his fingertips down my side. I closed my eyes and smiled at him. He smiled back. He leaned down and kissed me. He pulled away and sighed." What's wrong?" I asked. He shook his head. I sat up in my bed when he looked away. I cupped his cheeks and pulled his face towards mine." Fabian..."

"It's nothing."

"Just tell me. You promised no secrets." I stated. He licked his lips before looking into my eyes.

"I don't think we can--"

I scoffed." Not this again--"

"Izzy you have to face the facts.....us dating is....dangerous."

I rolled my eyes." Roller coasters can be dangerous yet people still go on them." I retorted. He opened his mouth then closed it." That's what I thought."

He sighed and shook his head." If something ever happens to you I'll never forgive myself." He whispers.

"The same goes for you too." I stated. He met my gaze and held it. Slowly a smile spread across his face.

"I love you, remember that."

I clenched my head in my hands when a loud noise interrupts the moment." Izzy wake up!" I opened my eyes and found myself on my bedroom floor with Fabian hovering over me. My ears were ring. His face was dirty. He was wearing the same thing he was wearing earlier but this time he wasn't wearing his jacket instead he was wearing shoulder holsters.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Someone set off a bomb"

"What." I said in disbelief.

"We have to go. Now." He said. He helps me up." Put this on." He hands me some clothes. I threw on them on. It was a white bra and underwear, black shirt, jeans and black nikes. He now hands me a bulletproof vest and helps me put it on.

I frowned when I realized he wasn't wearing one." Where's yours?"

"Don't worry about it." He said. He took two pistols out of his shoulder holsters." Stay behind me." He said. He leaned against the wall and I followed.

"What if you get shot." I said. He ignores my statement.

"Don't move until I say move." He whispers. He opens the door slowly then disappears out the door. I yelped when I heard gunshots. I covered my mouth. Fabian! My pulse doomed in my ear when I heard footsteps then more gunshots.

I started breathing again when Fabian head popped back into the room." Let's go." I walked over to him and he put the pistol in his left hand back into holster before taking my hand. He let go of my hand when we walked out the door so he can hold his gun with two hands. I closed my mouth to prevent myself from screaming when I saw three died men on the ground bleeding out.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Shh." He whispered. He leads me towards the stairs. With his gun to the ground he starts to walk down the stairs. He pressed his back to the wall when we were at the end of the stairs. I followed.