Chapter II: Anger Management. (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

As I sign in, I hear her take a deep breath. I stood back up and looked at her curiously as she exhaled. "You okay?" I raise my eyebrow at her. She crossed her arms and looked down at her feet. "Nothing, I'll be fine." I knew she was lying. She just didn't want me to worry, which made me worry even more than before. She walked off into the room with me following. She seemed so proper and intelligent. Everything about her gave me the courage to ask her for her number. But then again I was hesitant because of everything that's happened this year. What if she just up and left just like Minnie did? I shook my head slightly for even thinking about a relationship. 

I sat down and waited for my trainer. The girl from earlier walked over and looked at me. "Guess I'm your trainer." She said with a smile. " Well, have a seat. " I say jokingly. She slid into the booth and rested her head in her hands. " Well, let's start off simple. What's your name?" She looked up at me with her beautiful eyes. Her dimples were deep. "Violet. You?" I mock her and rest my head in my hands. "Clementine. You can call me Clem, nothing too formal." She shrugged her shoulders. " Yes, ma'am. " I stated sarcastically. She giggled and reached her hand out. "You're adorable." She said, making my heart skip a beat. "You're a charmer." I sit up straight and look into her eyes. Her cheeks turn red and I leave her speechless.

For the first time in months, I felt happier than I ever was with Minerva. It's not like I would ever forget her but, with Clementine it's different. I got my degree in engineering, but I don't have a job, well, not yet. I had my own condo, but I couldn't keep up with the rent because Minnie left. She paid half, and I paid half. We split the bills half and half. Ever since she left I've struggled with it. But Clem made all of that fade away. She lifted the pain up off of my heart and made it smile again. Made ME smile again, which by the way I swore was impossible. 

"So, you wanna talk about what's making all of this anger build up or... do you wanna start somewhere else. Oh and just so you know, we're going to the gym to do some exercises." She rambled on and on until she realized I was still lost in her eyes. "I wanna get to know you first. I wanna build some sort of bond before I just ramble on and on about my emotions. " I hide my blush with my hands, resting it in my hands again. "Well, okay then. You know my first name, my last name is Everett, My birthday is November 26th, I'm 24 but I'll be 25 soon, I'm single, I'm definitely not straight, I have a dog, I play almost every sport there is, I've got my own place, own car, I graduated from Girard early this year, got my degree in physical therapy, maybe I'll become a nurse and I'm kinda adopted. Your turn." I listened to every word she said, locking eyes with her yet again, while she fidgetted with a napkin in her hands. " Well, I'm 25, my birthday is "July 12, so It passed a few days ago, I'm single, I have a best friend instead of a dog, but he has the same tendencies as one, so he's a pet, I got my degree in engineering, anddd My parents shunned me because I like girls... So there's that. " I mumble the last few words and get a sorry look from her. 

"Well, that's a shame. They don't know what they're missing." She pulled my hand down gently and showed my cheeks. " Oh, I know. But there's more. I was going through a really rough break up... Still am. She just up and left for no reason whatsoever, without a single word, she up and left. Leaving me hanging to dry, all alone, emotionally and physically. I won't ever know if it was my fault or what... Why she left. She didn't even leave a damn note." I ball my fist up tighter and tighter with every word, turning my knuckles white. "This is what we'll work on. Moving past this. I promise I won't let you down and I definitely won't leave you hanging out to dry. I promise. Alright?" She said with guarantee striking her vocal cords. She grabbed my hand, resting it in the palm of hers, "It's okay Vi." She grips my hand tighter, emotionally attaching me to her. She stood up and looked at me, waiting for me to do the same. I put my issues to the side and stood up. " Alright. '' I say above a whisper. She hugs me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist and bury my face into her neck. I feel her rubbing circles on my back as each tear falls slowly.