Chapter 6: Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

 I pick up a book with a gold spine. The cover has a moving picture of a younger looking Harry, Ron and Hermione and the title is The Golden Trio. I look down at the author and am surprised to see that it is written by them. I open the book and read the first paragraph,

 ‘12 years ago, when I was eleven I met the two most wonderful people in the whole world. They would become my best friends and I love them like a brother and a sister. I met them both on the train ride to Hogwarts and became instant friends with Ron. Hermione was another case, I only became friends with her after Ron and I saved her from a giant troll. Thank you, Hermione Granger and you, Ron Weasley for being my best friends in the whole entire world. Your loyalty has never wavered even though we went through tough times and had our fights. You two have stayed at my side through the worst and the best and I would like to use this book as a thank you. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for being the siblings I never had. And finally thank you for never giving up in the fight even when the times were dark. I would like to dedicate this book to Hermione Jean Granger, smartest witch of her age, and Ronald Bilius Weasley, the truest friend alive.  Thank you.’

 I close the book and tuck it under my arm, I must get this book. As I am wandering out of the non-fiction section another book catches my eye, Hogwarts A History: An Edited Version. I grab it and look at the cover. On the cover is a beautiful castle with a lovely full moon over it. The author is Professor Garius Tomkink and edited by Hermione Granger. I laugh, Hermione must really like to read and write. I put Hogwarts A History: An Edited Version under my arm as well and walk back towards Hermione and the other parents. I give my mum the two books and look around for the others. I find them in the corner looking bored. I walk over to them and they all smile and say hi. Hermione comes over to us looking happy, but worried.

 “We have decided that you guys can go over to Weasley Wizard Wheezes together. But you must promise that you stay together, alright and don’t bother George, he has work to do.” Hermione says, making everyone smile.

 “What’s Weasley Wizard Wheezes?” I whisper ask Rose.

 “It’s a store owned by Uncle George that sells joke products, it’s really cool.” Rose whispers back.

 I smile, this sounds fun. We walk out of Flourish and Blotts and down the street towards a large orange building that says Weasley Wizard Wheezes. Rose, Alice and I are walking in front of the two boys and everything seems to be going fine until I hear them start arguing.

 “Stop pushing me!” I hear Albus say.

 “I’m not pushing you Potter, I wasn’t even touching you!” Scorpius says angrily.

 I hear them continue arguing until I see a tallish blonde girl come walking down the street. She’s wearing all of the clothes that are popular now and she’s wearing so much makeup I can’t tell what her actual skin is and what is her makeup.

 “Hide me!” I hear Scorpius squeak.

 “Why?” Albus asks.

 “Just please, she seems to think I love her but I don’t!” he says anxiously.

 Just then she walks up.

 “Hi Scorpykinz!” she says in a high pitched and fake voice.

 “Um…hi Vilaina.” Scorpius says uncomfortably.

 We turn around to see her wrap her arms around him and give him a girly hug while he pats her on the back.

 “I’ve missed you so much Scorpy!” she says wiping away fake tears. By now all of us are holding back laughs except for Rose who looks angry and stiff. She turns around and glares at us.