The three of us started to push each other.

"You guys," My dad poked his head out of the hospital room, "Want to quit fighting and come meet your new bother?"

"Can we?" Jack sat up.

My dad nodded with a smile.

"Okay," Jack said, standing up and walking towards the room.

Cristal and I looked up at each other before cautiously entering the room. Another brother?! You had to be kidding me, one was plenty!

"Meet your little brother, Ian Parker," My mom smiled, as she held him in her arms.

"Wow," I smiled, "He's actually cute."

My dad chuckled, picking me up and setting me down on the end of the bed.

"Cristal, do you want to hold him?" My mom asked.

She nodded with excitement, and held her arms out as my mom placed him in her arms.

"I can't believe I have another brother," I sighed.

My mom and dad laughed.

"I can't believe I finally got a brother!" Jack smiled, "My turn."

"Fine," Cristal muttered, handing Ian over to him.

Jack hold onto him for a seconds before deciding he was already over having a brother, "Okay, I'm done."

"Brands?" My dad looked to me.

"Oh my gosh. Mom? Can I really?" I beamed with excitement.

She nodded, and I carefully took him from Jack.

"Hi Ian," I smiled, "I can't wait to teach you how to play basketball and softball. You know I didn't know how I felt about having a baby brother, but now I know you're going to be my best friend."

-

twelve years ago

"You know when you were first born, I said you we're going to be my best friend?" I looked to my brother.

"Yeah right," he laughed.

"I did!" I said, "I also vowed to teach you how to play basketball, and intramurals start next week and I've never even seen you pick up a basketball."

"Of course I have!" he shouted at me.

"Okay then, lets see what you got!" I passed him the ball.

"Watch this!" he threw the ball at the hoop, it hit the rim and bounced back to him.

"Hey, let me teach you a trick dad taught me when I first started learning."

-

twenty one years ago 

"Okay, you see that white box up there?" my dad pointed to the hoop.

"Yep," I nodded.

"You want to aim for the center of that every time you shoot the ball. It's almost guaranteed to make a basket if you hit there," he said.

"Really?" I looked up at him.

"Really," he nodded, "Why don't try it?"

"Okay," I nodded and shot the ball, hitting right inside the box. The ball fell down right into the rim.