twenty eight :::

[ disarmed ]

"On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. You know, but not with anybody. Not attendings, especially not attendings. Sleeping with attendings, not a good idea. Where was I?"

"Um, rule number three. If you're sleeping, do not wake you unless a patient's actually dying," George said.

"Oh right. The dying patient better not be dead when I get there, because not only will you have killed someone, you will have woken me for no good reason. Are we clear?"

One of the interns raised a hand.

"Yes?" I asked.

"That was four rules. You said five," She looked at me, puzzled.

"Rule number five, when I move, you move," I said

The four of them stood there, staring at me.

"This is the part where my pager goes off," I said quietly to myself, looking down at my pager, "Go!"

••

"I hate them," Cristina said.

"You don't hate them. You hate you." Meredith said.

"That was hideous. I feel like a fraud," Izzie said.

"I rocked it. I think I'm the new nazi," Alex bragged.

"Oh, you are not the new nazi," Cristina shook her head.

"I think they're okay. Kinda stupid, but okay," I shrugged.

"Easy for you to say," Cristina said, "You have George."

"Brandy, I need to talk to you," George said, walking in the hallway.

"George. Hi," Izzie said.

"Hey," he replied.

"How was your vacation?" Izzie asked.

"Um, fine. Um, Brandy, can we-" George continued.

"Cause mine was," Izzie paused, "I didn't do much. I hung out alone, for 17 days. Which is the last time that I saw you, the day of Cristina's wedding, which was, well, then Mer and Cristina went on Cristina's honeymoon without me."

"Girl-on-girl honeymoon," Alex smiled and nodded his head.

"And then Alex and Brandy took a road trip without me," Izzie said.

"Woah, woah," I said, "Don't make it sound like we went together. I went to see my family."

"Oh, why is everyone so tingly and hurt? I mean, I'm the one who was left at the altar. I'm fine, by the way. I honeymooned in Hawaii and I snorkeled," Cristina said.

"What'd you do, George?" Izzie asked.

"Um, Brandy, I-I really need to talk to you," George said.

"Uh, hey, you want to know, this is for residents only. No interns," Cristina told the interns as they tried to join us.

"Yeah," Meredith agreed with her friend.