forty three:::

[ things we don't talk about ]

"I think they're talking about you," I looked to Cristina.

"It's gonna be okay," Meredith said.

The three of us were outside one of the conference rooms, Meredith and I peered in the window, while Cristina sat in one of the chairs, not wanting to see what was happening.

Derek said something which caused hell to break loose. Dr Perkins sat at the front of the room along with Webber. The rest of the room was filled with bickering attendings.

"I mean, they...they-they can't kick you out of the program for being traumatized," Meredith said.

"I don't care what they do," Cristina shurgged.

"Hey, look," I pointed into the room, noticing Webber had shut them all up. He said a few words, then everyone got up and started to file out.

"Dr. Yang, you're with me," Derek said, once he was out of the room, and continued to walk out, not waiting up for Cristina.

"What?" Cristina asked, shocked.

"N-no. I'm with you," Meredith said, causing Derek to stop.

"You're with somebody else. We're walking, Dr. Yang."

"Derek," Meredith frowned.

But he ignored her and walked away with Cristina.

I walked away once my eyes met Mark come out of the room. Things hadn't been the best between us since our fight, but we were working it out. We just needed some time to think about stuff. I knew I had to tell him about the baby soon. I was starting to think that was the glue that was holding our relationship together at the moment.

"Brandy," Mark said my name.

"What?" I turned around to look at him.

His smile faded, when he didn't see my own.

"Thought I'd walk with you," He said.

"Oh."

"Are you coming home tonight?" He asked me.

"Home?" I frowned.

"Back to my place?"

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"I'd like it if you came back," He said.

"I-I don't know yet," I sighed, "There's a lot happening right now. I just need some time to think and I need to figure some things out."

"Figure some things out?" He knit his brows.

"Mark, I love you. I just need a minute to-to uh, catch my breath," I shrugged.

He nodded.

"I'm sorry," I said, starting to walk again.

"Don't apologize," He said, as we walked over to the nurse's station.

"Where could I find Dr. Shepherd?" A woman asked one of the nurses.

"You have an appointment?" The nurse asked.

"I don't. Uh, could you just point me in the direction of his office?"

The question sent a shiver down my spine, remembering the outcome of the last time someone had asked that question.

"I'm sorry," I could tell the nurse was a bit freaked out too.

"She has that look on her face because the last time someone walked into this hospital looking for Dr. Shepherd without an appointment, he shot him," Mark said, causing the woman to turn to him.