twenty seven:::

[ what the hell happened on that mountain?  ]

Today was the big day for Cristina and Burke. It was also the big day for the rest of us five too. We would be getting our results back on our intern exams. I guess you could say I was nervous. On another note, Cristina's bachelorette party was last night and it was nothing like the movies. There was no penises, no hot strippers, no men at all. Nothing. There was a lot of alcohol, which I guess made up for it.

"I thought I was gonna hate this party game thing, but it's kinda great. Can we set her on fire after?" Cristina asked.

"No, we cannot," Meredith said.

"Okay, these wedding vows are not all gonna fit on here," Callie said, struggling to write Cristina's vows on her hand.

"Okay, then write smaller," Cristina suggested.

"Be still, please. 'Vow' just became 'cow,'" Callie sighed.

"Crazy thought, but uh why don't you just marry a cow? Sure, Burke is a surgeon and all, but cows give you free milk. Also you don't need to worry about vows, cows are easy to please" I said, pointing a finger to Cristina.

"You don't need vows on your hand. When you get up there, just speak from the heart," Izzie told Cristina.

Uh, Izzie, the heart is an organ. It pumps, it circulates blood, it gets clogged from time to time. It does not, however, speak. It doesn't have tiny little lips on it," Cristina shook her head.

"Well, you're all "glass totally empty," Izzie frowned.

"I'm gonna like being married. It's the wedding part that's ridiculous," Cristina rolled her eyes.

Everyone's pagers go off except Cristina's

"Oh! Party's over," Izzie said, as all of our pagers went off.

"Damn," Callie swore.

"Hey, mine didn't go off. Piece of crap," Cristina said, looking at her pager.

"You can do this, right?" Meredith asked.

"Become a piece of chattel? Sure. Looking forward to it," Cristina took a sip from her drink.

"I mean, no matter what, you're walking down that aisle today. I need you to go down that aisle," Meredith said.

"Are you okay?" She asked her.

"You marrying Burke, it's a sign. It's a sign that people like you and me can do this...be healthy, be happy. You marrying Burke restores my faith in me," Meredith told her.

"Oh, I get it. My wedding's about you," Cristina nodded.

"Yes," Meredith said.

"Okay," Cristina replied.

"You can do this, right?" Meredith asked.

"I can do this," Cristina said, confidently.

"Okay," Meredith said.

"You guys are so fucking weird," I shook my head.

••

"Have you ever been to a bachelorette party with no penises?" I asked Bailey, "What kinda bachelorette party has no penises?"

"Dr.Dixon," Bailey sighed.

"Sorry, but doesn't that just kinda sound weird? Like maybe just a little? No penises. Zero. Nada. None. No penises whatsoever."