thirty three:::

[ when it rains, it pours ]

I woke up to Bailey shuffling to the room, checking Izzie's monitor, "Any changes overnight?"

"No," Cristina sighed.

George shot up when his pager went off, "I got surgery in ten minutes. Brandy will you keep me updated?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"We should go," Meredith stood up, "It may be awhile."

Cristina and I nodded and stood up.

"Shepherd said she'd wake up by the morning. Is that all crap? What did he tell you?" Alex raised his voice, "What did he tell you?!"

"He said that it may be awhile," Meredith told him, then walked out.

"She's gonna wake up," Cristina squeezed his shoulder, then followed Meredith out.

"She's right. Izzie's tough," I told him, "I'll be back in a bit to check on her. Want me to bring you anything?"

Alex shook his head.

"Okay," I said softly before I joined Cristina outside.

"Look," Cristina pointed down the hall.

"What?" I asked, and looked over.

I saw Owen and George shake hands before Owen pulled him into a hug and gave him a pat on the back.

"That's strange," I frowned.

"Very," Cristina nodded.

••

"Hey George?" I called as I saw him walking down the hallway, in his normal clothes, "I thought you had surgery?"

"Hunt sent me home early," George said, "I'm-I'm joining the army."

"You're what?" My eyes widened, "Uh I-I don't know what to say."

"I know it's a lot to take in," George said, "I start tomorrow."

"I-I um uh happy for you. I really am, but are you sure about this? I mean this is a really big decision," I frowned.

"I'm 100% sure. Maybe not a hundred, but pretty close to it. I talked to Hunt about it and I'm sure it's the right thing," He said.

"George," I said, a tear sliding down my cheek, "I'm gonna miss you."

George pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"I'm gonna miss you too. Like you said earlier, I'm your person and you're my person," George smiled.

"Right," I smiled, "You're my person."

"I should get going, I gotta visit my mom before," He motioned down the hall.

I nodded, "Alright good luck. Tell her I say hi."

"I will. I'll see you later tonight," George said, as we walked off.

"See you then," I smiled.