thirty six:::

[ batter, batter, swing! ]

"I call this trauma!"I yelled as I ran into the ER and grabbed a trauma gown.

"Hey you can't do that!" Cristina yelled at me.

"Too late. Dibs! I call dibs!" I yelled.

"Bailey tell her she can't do that," Alex told Bailey as she walked in the ER grabbing a gown for herself.

"Dixon's ready. Let's go," She told me.

"Yes! Yes! Ha ha!" I laughed at Cristina and Alex as I follwed Bailey out to the parking lot.

"Jody Crowley. 60 year old driver who lost consciousness and hit a parked car. Vital signs stable complains of abdominal pain," The E.M.T informed us as she brought our patient out of the ambulance and into the hospital.

"It wasn't a parked car. It was them. They hit us," A man said.

"Uh sir, who are you?" Bailey asked.

"How am I? Who are you?" He asked.

"That's my son," Ms.Crowley told us.

"Why don't I take you to the waiting room," I offered the man.

"Oh no. He needs to stay with me, he's a paranoid schizophrenic," She informed us.

"Okay," Bailey said, motioning us to move into the trauma room, "Alright. Let's put her on a gurney on my count. One, two, three."

"Listen to me, mother. They're trying to get to me through you. You have to believe me," The man told his mother."

"Tom, they're not real," Ma.Crowley told her son, "Look at me. Look at me honey."

"Did you feel dizzy or lightheaded before the crash?" I asked her, as I examined her.

"No I felt fine," She told me.

"Okay, uh abdominal tenderness. I feel a mass," I said, as I felt the woman's stomach.

"I-I've had it for quite awhile," Ms.Crowley said, "Maybe that's what caused me to pass out."

"I've been trying to warn her. They're trying to hurt her, but she won't believe me," Tom frowned.

"Tom look at me," She took her son's arm, "You know I wouldn't like to you."

"No.No!" He yelled.

"You have to believe me, someone has to believe me," Tom looked up to me, "Aliens impregnated my mother."

I lifted up Ms.Crowley's shirt and looked at the mass on her stomach. My eyes widened as it started to thump and move, "Uh, Dr.Bailey."

••

"How long have you had the growth?" Bailey asked our patient.

"Uh, can you cover the clock? The number five bothers him," Ms.Crowley asked.

"Get something to cover the clock," Bailey motioned to one of the residents.

"Are those cameras?" Tom asked, as he looked at the smoke detector.

"Tommy," his mom called, "What do we need from the store?"

"Why won't they leave me alone?" Tom asked.

"Tommy do we need fruit?" His mom asked.

"Yeah," he said not turning away from the smoke alarm, "Why won't you leave me alone?"

"What kind?" His mom asked, "What kind of fruit, Tommy?"

"Uh Apples, Pears, Strawberries," He said.