thirty seven:::

[ seattle grace mercy west? ]

"Look at them in their orange scrubs," I narrowed my eyes, at the new residents, "They look like they broke out of jail."

Mark, and I stood at the railing at the top of the stairs watching the new residents filing in.

"Blue scrubs aren't good enough for them?" Mark asked.

"There's just so many of them. We don't have enough. I guess when we all get fired we could give them to our replacements," I shrugged.

"No one's getting fired," Mark told me, "You need to calm down."

"When I get fired I'm becoming a coroner," I said, "I always thought that would be fun."

"Hey, you're not becoming a coroner. You're going to stay a surgeon. You're gonna save people's lives. You're only gonna take care of living people, not dead people."

"No dead people. Got it," I nodded, "Oh shit. George's cubby. I need to make sure none of those asshat Mercy Wester's take his cubby. I'll see you later." I pressed a quick kiss on his lips before I ran down the stairs, and to the locker room.

When I got into the room there was barely anywhere to walk. There were a bunch of people in orange scrubs every where.

"Oh hey, uh sorry, but could you find another cubby? We uh, keep that one open. For a reason," I said, as a short woman with red haired pixie cut filled up George's cubby.

"Uh, I don't think so," She shook her head, then continued to fill it up.

"There's some empty ones over there," I motioned to the other side of the room.

"I think I'll just stay here," She smiled at me.

"Listen," I lowered my voice, "I told you to find another cubby."

"And I said no."

"You know you're pretty short. I could take you," I walked up to the woman, getting in her face,"I could beat the shit out of you!"

"Brandy!" Alex pulled me away.

"Don't touch me! Get off me," I yelled as Alex pulled me away.

"Brandy, relax," Alex told me.

"She took his cubby," I frowned, as tears filled my eyes.

"It's okay," He told me.

I turned to glare at the woman, before I stormed out of the room.

"Hey that wasn't cool," I heard a voice behind me.

"What?" I turned to look as one of the Mercy Westers, ran up to me and started walking with me.

"In the locker room. My friend, she shouldn't have took the cubby. I'm sorry," He apologized.

"She obviously isn't so-"

"Well it's the first day of school. Everyone's on edge. I'll probably kill someone by the end of the day," He laughed, "I'm Charles, by the way. Charles Percy."

I looked down at the hand he extended to me, expecting me to shake it.

"It might be kinda a hard to not talk to me the whole day. It's been done before. I once didn't talk to my family on a road trip across the country. 10 days, 15 states, not a peep, just read books, pretended I was a hostage."