fourteen::

It had been only a few days since Denny had died. Izzie was not taking it well, she had stayed locked up in her room most of the time, we all had tried to go in and talk to her but she wouldn't let us. I felt horrible about the whole thing, it just wasn't fair. He had gotten his damn heart and was doing great. It made me so upset. On another note, I hadn't spoken with Mark about what happened since that night, I tried to avoid him as much as possible, I hadn't told anyone about it either and it was killing me. I wanted to tell someone so badly but there was already so much going on and Mark was already on thin ice with everything he did, I knew Derek wouldn't be happy. It made me feel like a high school girl, who kissed a guy and went and gossiped to all her friends about it.

"Hey grandma?" I called from the basement.

"Yes dear!" She yelled back to me.

"Have you seen my necklace?" I yelled, "The one I got from Great Grandma Iola?"

"No, I haven't!"

"Damn it," I cursed. I had torn apart the whole basement looking for it. My grandparents let me stay in the basement, it wasn't much just one big room and a bathroom, but it was enough for me.

I sighed as I walked up the stairs and into the living room.

"Find it?" My grandma asked.

I shook my head and sat down.

"Where'd ya have it last?" She asked.

"I left it in my jewelry box I haven't taken it out so stuff like this wouldn't happen," I sunk back in my chair.

"I'm sure it will show up hon," my grandma said.

"Hey weren't some of your pills missing earlier?" I asked.

"Yes," my grandma said, confused.

"Was Julie downstairs at all yesterday?" I asked.

"Well she did go downstairs to do some laundry," my grandma said.

"Grandma, I have a bad feeling about her," I said.

"Oh nonsense, it's probably just a coincidence," My grandma shook her head.

"Grandma this stuff happens all the time," I said.

"Ida, have you seen my watch?" My grandpa asked.

I gave my grandma a look, "Okay, well I'm gonna go to work."

"Bye hon, love you," my grandma said.

"Bye, have fun!" My grandpa smiled.

"Bye," I said and left.

I decided I'd stop at Meredith's and see how Izzie was doing.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shouted as I entered Meredith's house. I walked into the kitchen and saw Meredith and George and waffles, really good looking waffles. "Oh shit you made waffles." I grabbed a few and piled them onto a plate.

"Yeah, I made extra," Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Sweet," I took a bite, "Izzie still in her room?"