twenty four::

Izzie, Cristina, George, Alex, and I stood outside the trauma room, in the hallway, behind the second set of doors, waiting for the news on Meredith

Izzie, Cristina, George, Alex, and I stood outside the trauma room, in the hallway, behind the second set of doors, waiting for the news on Meredith. Right outside the trauma room Mark was sitting with Derek.

George was nervously tapping his foot on the ground.

"George, stop that," Cristina barked.

"Sorry, sorry," He said, "I'm-I'm scared."

I watched as Addison came out of the room, Derek quickly approached her. I couldn't hear what they were saying but Derek pointed to the room. Addison quickly shook her head, before Derek turned around and threw his arms in the air. I got a little worried, but I knew Derek must've wanted to go in there, and Addison wouldn't let him.

Addison opened up the door and let out a sigh, "It's not good."

"Is she still cyanotic? What was her initial temp? I mean, what is taking so long?" Cristina panicked.

"Dr.Yang," Addison addressed her, "It's not looking good, they're doing everything they can. You should maybe uh, prepare yourselves."

We all looked at her a bit confused, not wanting to hear what she was telling us.

"I got to go," she said, "My Jane doe."

"I'll go with," Alex said, following behind her, "Iz keep us updated?"

"Prepare ourselves?" Cristina scoffed, as they left, "That's what we tell the patient's family before we call time of death."

"She's gonna be okay," Izzie said.

"You're not always right," George frowned, "Sometimes you're wrong."

"Unh-uh," Cristina shook her head, "I'm not doing this."

"Cristina," Izzie called after her as she walked off, "Cristina!"

"Iz, let her go," I said.

"She's gonna survive this, she's gonna survive this, she's gonna survive this," Izzie repeated.

••

meredith's pov

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?" Doc shook his tail as I petted him.

"Meredith," Denny said, "Do you remember when you drown in Elliot Bay?"

"Yeah, it sucked," I said, not looking up from the dog, "Who's a good boy?"