fifty four::::

[ the end ]

mark's pov

There had been one survivor. An unaccompanied girl. She was all alone on that flight. She became the only one to survive on that flight. It didn't seem fair. One passenger out of 200. 

I was finally able to get out of the hospital. It had been a long day. I felt like shit. I had spent all of the afternoon informing families their loved one was dead. The hardest part was telling Brandy. It all seemed so surreal. It felt like it didn't happen, but unfortunately it did happen.

I went over to Meredith and Derek's to find her. I didn't want her to be alone right now. I didn't trust her. I didn't trust her to be by herself. I didn't want her to do something stupid.

I lightly knocked on the door, "Brandy?"

No answer.

"Look, I know you're home, Brandy," I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, "Brandy." I leant my head against the door.

I pulled out my keys, remembering Brandy had given me one when things weren't so bad between us.

"Brandy?" I called, as I slowly stepped inside.

I headed upstairs as I heard the water running in the shower. I knocked lightly on the door. I waited a few moments but there was nothing. "Brands," I pushed the door open and slowly walked in. I looked over at the shower and saw her sitting down, her knees tightly pulled against her chest.

"Hey, come on," I told her, as I turned the water off and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around her and helped her up, "Careful," I told her as she climbed clumsily over the tub.

I lead her to her room and pulled out some clothes for her. I looked up at her as I helped her in, she looked so,so broken. That was an understatement. She had gone through so much shit. It wasn't fair. I wanted to take her pain away. I wished it was me instead of her. But I couldn't take it away. I couldn't do anything. All I could do was stand back and feel sorry for her.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked, as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Get out," She said in a quiet, low voice.

brandy's pov

"What?" A frown appeared on his face as his eyes sunk.

I know he just wanted to help, but he wasn't helping. He couldn't help. No one could help me right now.

"Just-just get out," I said louder.

"I don't-" He started.

"I said get out!" I screamed, starting to sob, "Get out! Get out!" I started to hit him and push him to the door, until he fell almost right out of the room. I slammed the door and fell into bed. I continued to cry and cry. Then I felt that horrible, unexplainable feeling. It hit me like a truck. It felt dark and wrong, the feeling of death. I'd felt it a lot the last couple of years, yet I still couldn't explain it. All I knew was that it felt wrong and surreal. It didn't feel right. I hated it. I hated it. I hated it.

My phone started to ring with a call from Ben. I couldn't handle it right now. I couldn't do it. I took the phone and threw it across the room. Landing on the floor with a thud.

"Shut up!" I screamed at it as it continued to ring, knowing well it wouldn't stop it.

°°

nineteen years ago                                                     

"Shut up!" Cristal yelled at me.

"You shut up!" I yelled back.

"Both of you shut up!" my oldest brother yelled.