Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Aaron's POV...

(Meadow behind the pack house------->)

 I knew it, I absolutely knew it. The minute Seth went into heat and Carson took one good whiff of his mate. He was going to loose his self control and Seth was going to get pregnant again, like it or not. I knew my brother wasn't against to the idea of being pregnant again, but I was. The delivery of his triplets nearly killed him. Seth had been so pale and so weak afterwards, and Carson may have forgotten that my little brother's heart had almost stopped after the last baby was removed from his womb, but I haven't. I couldn't bare to lose my baby brother, especially after the traumatic loss of our my parents. But here Seth was, bright as a morning daisy and positively pregnant again. He still looked so innocent and so sweet as he sat there in the clearing with the golden rays of sunlight shining down on him and accecenting his creamy skin. His son's were waddling around with the other children on their fat little legs, while my Ailis was queening it up as her mate brought her boquets pretty wild flowers he plucked from bushels scattered throughout the meadow. The war wolves and the enforcers were close by while our mate's were busy being manly protectors of the pack.

Ben, bless his sweet little heart, couldn't keep anything to himself, especially with a little bit of loving persuasion to loosen his tongue. So I knew that Peyton was going to let Carson finally have the opportunity to try to get information from Nassine. The other Elders were going to be present as witnesses. But I still had this nagging feeling in my gut that something was going to happen. I hated  the suspense more than anything else when I got these vague premonitions. I had spent half the morning using my third eye trying to see what was coming, but  all I got was a raging headache for my efforts. And now here my little brother sat glowing brighter than the sun itself. Well at least he was happy about it, and I am sure once Carson is free, he was going to be right under Seth's feet. It will be funny to watch him,  now that he has some experience, on how he was going to handle my sweet sibling's mood swings?

"Hey Aaron, come here for a second." Seth called out to me and I moved away from the refreshment table to join him on the blanket where he was sitting.

"What's up." I sank down next to him.

Seth sighed and brushed a stray curl out of his face. "Is it me, or have you been getting warning signs all day?"

"It's not only you bro, my internal warning system has definitely been making itself known. If it wasn't for the fact that the kids were going bat shit crazy being locked up in the house for the past couple of days. I wouldn't have you or any of the children out here. Everyone seems to forget that you are the main target for Miles crazy ass." I grumbled and Seth immediately picked up on my underlying fear and leaned over and bumped my shoulder with his own as if to reassure me.

"What could possibly happen out here with so many damn guardian wolves scattered throughout the clearing?"  He leaned away to snatch Dominic up and blow a bubble on his round little tummy before setting him back on his pudgy feet.  The sound of his little giggles made me smile.  And then the pup was off again trying to catch up with his brothers. That was until Chantal joined the group and set her little ones free. And of course Sebastian glowered at everyone before making a beeline straight for William,  taking  his mate's little hand in his, and leading him to the blanket well out of the rambunctious children's way. It was the sweetest thing ever to watch those two together.

"You know  being Alpha mate sometimes is for the birds." Chantal groused as she plopped down on the blanket and leaned back and crossed her long legs at the ankles. "I just spent the first part of my morning listening to Clarissa snivel on about not being allowed any freedom or anywhere near the pack house. She keeps going on about she over Carson, and blah , blah. So, I asked her if she was so over him. Why does she want in so bad? Did she forget that she physically attacked you and in order for her to remain amongst the living, she had to keep her distance? Wellshe promptly shut up and finally went away, but there is something about her motives I don't quite trust."