Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Seth’s POV…

(Carson's Wolf----->)

There is a warning for this chapter...nuff said. Enjoy

I felt like I was rising up out of the fog, all floating and disoriented like as I slowly regained consciousness and became aware of my surroundings. When I finally managed to open my eyes, it was to a darkened room and my mate and my children where all on the bed with me. Sebastian was on his father’s chest, while Dominic and Trenton were cuddled so far underneath me that I was almost laying on top of them. And Carson’s fingers were tangled in my curls and Sebastian's little hand held the sleeve of my shirt.

 I laid back on my pillow and tried to recall my day. It was nothing new to have my entire family in the bed, but I felt like there was something I was forgetting, something important. I ground my teeth and tried to will myself to remember what it was. I raised a hand and brushed my hair out of my face when my fingers came into contact with Carson’s, so I decided to tap into his essence to see if I could remember my day through his memory. It was something we were working on since we discovered that our powers, through the mating bond, seemed to be melding together.

 I closed my eyes and concentrated, I detected anger and rage, I detected a fierce and deep root need of his protectiveness towards us, and confused I dug deeper and like a movie the scene with Nassine and I in the clearing played out right up to the point where I had stripped her of her powers and she couldn’t shield her thoughts anymore.

 My eyes popped open and a gasped with the realization of what really drove her interest in my children and the plans she had in order to get her hands on them, and I almost puked right there and then. As quietly as I could, I disentangled myself from my mate and my children. I was livid; I was way, way beyond pissed. My entire body vibrated with the need to get to this woman. Elder or no. and remove her from this earthly plain. She dared to threaten me and mine and for what, for whom?

 She was going to answer those damn questions if it was that last thing she would ever utter from her lips and they just might be. I saw Carson’s plan for her and it was too fucking merciful. I am tired of being left out and being treated like the little woman at home, the one that needed to be protected. I am the chosen one damn it, my powers differed from Carson’s but they were just as powerful.

 My whole life everyone around me has coddled me, but it ends here. No one absolutely no one will cause any kind of harm to my mate and my children and simply get away with being banished. No, that Bitch needed to die, and die a painful horrid death. How can someone look at innocent little children with the intent to do them harm.

 Fuck that, the men were gearing up to be politically correct and I don’t give a shit, this involved my kids and damn all that pack politics. I quickly safeguarded my children and mate, in addition to the magic Carson had weaved around our home and family. I added an extra hint of a sleep spell because I knew the minute I ramped up my energy, Carson as well as Aaron was going to sense it and come running. But I was hoping that Bitch would be dead by the time they reached me.

 I cloaked myself in silence and flitted through the forest slipping by the war wolves undetected. Another trick that the pack wasn’t aware of, I wondered if they knew the extent of our powers combined would the Elders try to put us down, because with our mating and bonding between Carson and I, we have combined and increased our powers to the point that I am truly scared of Carson’s volatile side being set free. That is another reason; I wanted to deal with Nassine myself. Because if he found out something that set him off I am afraid the aftermath of his wake would be like after the Hiroshima bomb hit.