Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Seth’s POV…

(Aaron's Delicious Mate---->)

 Sitting in the clearing behind Carson’s cabin or I should say our cabin along with Aaron sitting Indian style on the ground across from me. I really was trying to pay attention to what he was instructing me to do. We were working on controlling my warlock powers, but I felt so restless and agitated, my senses were open and I could hear and smell everything around me even more acutely than before. My gums had been hurting me since this morning, and every time I breathed my throat burned. When I woke up Carson was already gone, but he had left me a note to inform that he was spending most of the day at the pack house dealing with the other Elder’s that he had finally allowed to come visit. I knew for a fact that they were not getting anywhere near me until he felt comfortable about their intentions. He did ask me how I felt about it and I told him as long as they try to dominate me or scare me that I was fine with it.

 My possessive mate had just grunted and went back to spoiling me by making sure I had the most succulent parts of the stew that he had prepared. At first I was confused about this mating thing and I was surely upset about the fact that me, a guy, can apparently get pregnant. How the hell was I supposed to give birth, I mean where was the baby supposed to come out of?  Carson had once again stepped in and informed me that he had been studying the ancients texts and the prophecy had described surgical removal of the child. Okay, if I must get pregnant and give birth then I can deal with that, I guess. I had wound up molesting my mate at the mere thought of him breeding me. It wasn’t supposed to happen until my birthday and guess what, it was two days away.

 “Come on Seth, you are not focusing. Have you heard a word I have said in the last ten minutes?” Aaron whined with a frustrated look on his face.

 I ducked my head and mumbled. “Sorry.” I was saved from further comments when suddenly a man appeared in the clearing. I couldn’t have told you what had governed my actions in what had happened next, that inner voice in my head went on red alert. Aaron had tried but he didn’t succeed because whatever part of my species took me over at that time, absolutely hated the person. It was like I was outside myself looking in. I flew up from where I was sitting, fangs bared and claws descended as I took off after the stranger. His eyes had gotten wide and he had attempted to sprint away into the line of the trees but I wasn’t having that. My claws slashed the back of his legs, tearing bloodily through ligaments and muscles there effectively handicapping the man. Aaron just gazed on frozen in shock as I stalked around the now screaming man.

 Several things happened at once, his screams had attracted the war wolves as well as the Alpha, my mate, and the other Elders. Everyone seemed to have burst into the clearing at the same time, coming to an abrupt halt when they took in the scene with man uselessly flopping on the ground as he writhed in pain from the injuries I had inflicted.

 “Jesus Christ.” One of the Elders muttered as he took in my appearance. I didn’t know what he saw when he looked at me but whatever it was they were staring at me in awe. Carson had later told me that my eyes had turned blood red, there was no irises or pupils, the entire eyeballs was red and my vampire fangs had lengthened long, sharp and deadly. My nails were now pinpoint claws and my hands were covered in my victim’s blood. My skin was iridescent as it glowed brightly white. My wolf and warlock check into the foray as well.

 A voice I couldn’t recognized as my own cut through the now silent clearing. “How is it, mongrel that you happened on pack land and got past the war wolves when you are obviously a traitor to this pack?” I asked the mewling mess of a man at my feet.

 He didn’t get a chance to answer because a surprised Peyton stepped forward. “Seth, calm down, he is a pack member. He is the son of one of the fallen war wolves. His name is Thomas.” He said as he walked towards me his hands up in front of him signaling his intent not to harm me.