Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Seth's POV...

(Serious little Sebasian-------->)

We all sat in the pack house living room and watched Aaron fidget, and we all listened to his tale of his days spent in captivity on Miles’ pack compound. It was a good thing I was sitting on Carson’s lap, because he was strung tighter than a violin string, and the longer he listened to the demented words and poisonous venom Miles had spewed to my brother about me was the tighter those muscles became. Ben was sitting at my inconsolable brother’s side, and he was gently rubbing his back offering what comfort he could as my brother relived the atrocities that happened to him. Between our parent’s murders and his treatment in the hands of a madman. It was a wonder he had escaped as easily as he did, but Miles didn’t seem to be the smartest cookie on the block.

 I wanted to get up and wrap my brother in my arms, but I could feel the heat of my mate’s outrage burning against my skin. The little spikes of magic that were tingling across my awareness told me that he was not necessarily keeping it together.

 “So you are telling me that Miles, the sick fuck that he is, has been after Seth this whole time. He waited until Seth was close to his 21st birthday to kill your entire family to make sure the prophecy wasn’t fulfilled?” Peyton summed up the entire tale in a few short sentences.

 “Yes, it seems he was in cahoots with rogue Vampires, and he learned of the prophecy through them, and they had somehow figured out that Seth was the one. They started watching our family and even kidnapped my mother when she carried Seth, she got bitten and my father managed to rescue her, and the rest was history. Miles had stayed in the background and watched Seth from afar, until the day he had decided to make his move and slaughter our folks, but I managed to get Seth into our hiding place with the information on how to get to this pack just in case something happened to me.” Aaron explained. “Miles is more than capable of being behind this whole thing with Nassine, and the attempted abduction of my nephews. God only knows what else, and I have witnessed discord here in the camp too, and I am sorry to say it’s between Kamali and Tendra. I have witnessed both women saying some inappropriate things in regards to who should be the next leader of the Coven, and who should mated to whom. They are both firm believers in keeping the species pure blood and undiluted. I am not accusing them of anything, but in order to keep the entire family safe at this junction, we need to have the full picture and explore all possibilities.’ Aaron explained himself as he turned his apologetic gaze first to Raphael and then to Lucas. And both men just nodded their heads at him, but they both looked sort of deflated.

 It wasn’t news to anyone about those two bitchy females. They always acted polite to me but their eyes would shoot daggers of disgust whenever I glanced at them unawares. I had no doubt whatsoever that they hated the very air I breathed, but they feared my mate too much to make it obvious. What those hags didn’t know was that they should fear the hell out of me as well. No one knew what I was capable of either, and I wanted to keep it that way. But all this bullshit was beginning to get on my last nerves, and if anyone dared to threaten my children. I would end their very existence.

 Ben leaned over and whispered something in Aaron’s ear and my brother tiredly bobbed his head to whatever he was told. Ben stood and helped Aaron to his feet and he excused themselves for the remainder of the evening. Peyton,Carson, and the other family heads agreed to meet in Peyton’s office later on to discuss the revelations of the day. We filed out of the living room behind everyone else. I refused to let go of Carson’s hand. He was too keyed up for my liking, and he needed to calm down and quickly too. I dragged him upstairs towards the nursery to check on the children. Chantal was overseeing their care with a few of the pack women. I knew they were safe with those that were hand picked by the over protective mother herself.