Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Seth’s POV…

(Tada..Carson and Seth's Babies---->)

 I wasn’t feeling myself today; it’s been a few days since the hunting expedition where Carson was attacked by the Red Wolf. I had felt it through our mated bond and now we came to the understanding that we have been unconsciously sharing and mixing our powers and our energies too, and it was through all of that I had come to realize that I had reacted to the exact moment he was harmed and when he had tapped into his energy to kill the Red Wolf; but he was ambushed by their Beta’s and they attempted to poison my mate. His babies didn’t help the situation either, because they panicked just as much as I did; so now here I am stuck in the medical infirmary that now took over the entire second floor of the pack house.

 No medical facility in the State could rival ours. Peyton went all out under the guidance of the Pack Doctor’s, the Seers, and the Coven Healers. I am afraid that Carson scared the living shit out of everyone, more so than usual. Even when he was hurt his wolf fought to get to me and neither of us would settle until he were skin to skin, the Elders had finally realized this and with Peyton ad Ben’s help they had literally dragged him into the bed with me, it was then and only then that I, along with his babies had calmed down.

 Once we woke up Aaron and Ben had released a sigh of relief and Carson had managed to explain what happened while he shoveled food into my mouth and rubbed my belly further soothing his little ones. It was uncanny how they responded to his touch and the sound of his voice. You could actually see them move under my skin following his hands whenever he rubbed my overly extended abdomen.

 Chantal was in her nurturing element with me now firmly ensconced in the infirmary. She coddled me to death right alongside my mate, and Lucas and Ben took turns as my own personal guard whenever Carson was out with Peyton doing whatever it is that they were doing and they were keeping from me. I know that they have increased security along the perimeter to the compound and the war wolves are on high alert, and every time I ask how things are, Peyton, Lucas, Cason, or Ben just told me that everything is alright and not to worry myself.

 The Elders are another thing too, the bigger my belly got and the further into my pregnancy I got was the more anxious they became. I even overheard them worrying about my delivery, not because they feared for me; they feared Carson and his wolf. It seemed that with our sharing of powers and the true mate bond, Carson has become even more powerful and mixed with that his wolf’s natural instinct to protect his pups and mate. They feared he was going to go berserk when I go into labor and that would trigger my Warlock powers and therefore no one other than Carson would be able touch me, which means the Doctors wouldn’t be able to deliver my babies safely.

 Thinking about that I knew I would have to talk to Carson about it because they were absolutely right, Carson seemed to lose his common sense and the ability to see reason when it comes to our safety. I sighed again and rubbed my tummy, the babies were not so active today and the stabbing pain in my back was getting stronger but I didn’t say anything to Chantal or the Nurse in the room. I just chalked it up to not moving around as much I usually would be if I was at home. I have been put to bed and ordered to stay there by the Doctors and most importantly Carson. He freaked anytime he came in and I was vertical, so in order to keep the peace I just resigned myself to be on my butt for the remainder of my pregnancy.

 Chantal was busy stitching a baby blanket and the Nurse was buzzing around the room, fluffing this and that, and making sure I had everything I wanted. She was currently helping me ease onto my side when I felt a sharp pain sear through the muscles of my back and left a trail of fire shooting across my abdomen. It was so sharp I gasped and tears gathered in my eyes. Chantal got up and opened her mouth to say something but squealed instead when the door crashed open and a huge white wolf flashed into the room and jumped on the bed standing directly over my body and growled at the occupants in the room.