Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Aaron’s POV...

(Aaron's Baby Bump----->)

My eyes fluttered open to streams of brilliant sunshine filtering through the bedroom windows. My daughter  was making herself known by bouncing on my bladder like it was a trampoline. Pouting I gently rolled over as much as much as my girth would allow and shook Ben’s shoulder.

“I’m up, I’m up strawberry or vanilla, babe?” He mumbled as he stumbled out of bed his eyes not quite yet open and his thick black hair sticking out adorably every which way.

I had to chuckle at the picture he made, the poor thing. He's had to endure all of  my mood swings and cravings, and he has done it admirably. “No baby, help me up my bladder is screaming at me,please.” I said as I  held up my arms to him.

Ben’s beautiful lips curved up into a smile as he ignored my arms and scooped me up with a flourish that had me giggling at his antics. He dramatically set me on my feet and I leaned up and pecked him on his cheek, thanking him for his gallantry before scurrying off the the bathroom. “You really got to quit with the somersaults on my bladder kid, it’s not a pillow or trampoline.” I muttered as I rubbed my little princess. I winced as she gave me a healthy kick as if she was answering me. I finished my business and flushed and waddled over to the sink to wash my hands, our daughter kicking me the whole way. God she was active, especially in the mornings.

Ben entered the bathroom and wrapped his long arms around my bulging middle and rubbed his warm palms all over my belly and immediately the little bugger stopped her feild goal worth kicking, but she followed his father’s hands like she was mesmerized by his touch.

Ben leaned over and placed a kiss next to my belly button. “Rest little one, sleep for your daddy and let him rest. He will need all his energy to bring you into the world sweet baby, ssh... and relax.” He whispered to my bump and I found myself getting a little misty eyed.

I loved Ben with every cell in my body, I ran my fingers through his hair as he continued to quietly croon to our child. I jumped when I heard banging on the front door and Ben straightened up with a curious scowl on his face.

We both exited the bathroom and went to answer the front door,  Ben reached out and opened it to see a heavily pregnant Seth standing there frowning as his slender arms held the weight of his enormous stomach; concerned I reached out and ushered him inside. “What are you doing walking the path from your house to here?” I scolded him, not failing to see the escort of war wolves holding sentinel off in the trees where the guarded his every step when Carson as not with him.

He huffed as Ben  helped him ease down onto the sofa. “He left early this morning to give his wolf a run, Peyton was there and thought it was a good idea to hunt while they were at it, and Raphael decided to boost them up even more and they all left along with Lucas to chase deer or whatever. Lucas said he would link with you once he figured you were awake, it seems you are on guard duty today brother-in-law.” Seth explained and I watched amused as he pouted and he crossed his arms over his belly.

“Come on Seth stop being so disgruntled, you know no one has really given their Wolf, Warlock, or Vampire free reign in the past few months because they are busy catering to us. So I say let them blow off a little steam.” I encouraged as I took a seat next to him. Ben had quietly disappeared to the kitchen to put the cinnamon buns in the oven that requested for breakfast from last night.

Seth just rolled his eyes and I recognized that he was in a mood. I know this has been a lot for him, everyone treating him like he was the next Messiah or something and the fact that all  of this happened within a space of a few months. I scooted over as I watched his bottom lip wobble a little, he was and will always will be my little baby brother and I wanted to carry his burdens for him and wrap him in cotton so he wouldn’t get hurt at any time.