Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Carson’s POV…

(Sebastian and William----->)

I was currently sitting on the side of our bed in our dimly lit bedroom watching my stunning mate and my beautiful babies as they took their afternoon nap. Our little hellions were now two weeks old, the compound has become a virtual baby haven, everywhere you looked there was a couple with a newborn. A few days after my sons were born, Aaron went into labor at about two a.m. in the morning and poor Ben lost his ever loving mind. Chantal bless her heart as big and round, heavy in the final days of her own pregnancy volunteered to watch over our babies so that both Seth and I could be there for our niece's birth.

I had to be there for the main fact that no one was able to contain Ben through all his worrying and hysterics. He had managed to make it into the Operating Room but the minute the doctor made the incision under Aaron’s swollen abdomen, he made the mistake of peeking over the tarp and passed out right there onto the floor. Aaron was so pissed he cursed his mate as they carried his inert form from the room. Seth was the one that joined him at his bedside as his daughter came screaming like the vibrant little ray of sunshine that she was.

Ben had come to just in time to see his daughter open the most brightest cornflower blue eyes at him and hold out her little arms like she knew exactly who  he was, and that was all it took for that little girl to capture her father’s heart and wrap him around her little finger. They named her Ailis, pronounced like Alice, which in Gaelic meant sun or light of the sun, which we all found very fitting for her.

The Elders were having a field day as the oohed and ahhed over all the darling little ones. They really were like doting Grandparents as they made their rounds from home to home checking on all the little ones and passing them from one to the other. It really was a happy time in the compound, so far I hoped and prayed and sent energy and strength to all the birthing moms as they went through their time. I refused to lose not one infant or mother to childbirth.

The closest we came to it though was when Chantal’s turn came about, we were more than shocked when all the Doctors ran into problems in the early stages of her labor, during her entire pregnancy and prenatal care they only suspected one fetus but now they were picking up three separate heartbeats fully indicating that she was carrying triplets. Not even Peyton had picked up on it, and neither did I, or the Elders. Peyton turned every shade of green there was before his skin tone finally settled on gray and when the Doctors had to rush her for a Cesarean Section his wolf took over and the Elders had to suspend him, wrapped him up tightly in midair in order to keep him in line. Once again Seth took up residence as birthing partner in the O.R. while Aaron kept an eye on our brood.

Chantal gave birth to three strapping children, two boys and one girl. The minute I saw them I knew for some reason they were destined for my sons, because Chantal, like Seth carried one of each species, Her first born, Joshua, is a werewolf and toe head blonde with incredibly big blue eyes. Zoe her second, is a witch, she has raven black  hair and emerald green eyes, and then last but not least , is the fragile little William, he was a Vampire runt, a little bit of a thing with curly curly brown hair and wide innocent chocolate eyes. The first thought through my head was when Sebastian laid eyes on his fragile little mate every volatile protective and possessive instinct he contained was going to be triggered. Sebastian was already a handful at two weeks, the strongest and most stubborn one, the hellraiser that always set off his brothers as well.

All of the Elders including myself went back to the ancient texts, we all thought that my son’s mates would come from the leaders of the covens offspring but it was not so, Chantal was deemed mother of all when she took everyone into her home and her pregnancy evolved to create the matching mates for my sons. Gregori, leader of the Seers,  and his mate gave birth to a bouncing baby girl and Raphael, leader to the Vampires, mate gave birth to another strapping son as well, just hours apart, and for some reason both to Ben’s and Aaron’s dismay they both seemed destined for Ailis.