Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Carson’s POV…

(Sexy Carson-------->)

 My senses were on high alert for some reason today and although I tried to play it off with my little angel, he still picked up on my vibes and therefore kept our precious little ones close to his side all day. I didn’t have the need or the urge to see or talk to anyone today, so I had just sent a quick mind link to Peyton, Lucas, and Ben to keep a closer than usual eye out with the security of the compound. They in turn put the war wolves on high alert and Rafael, Gregori, and the other Elders took note to do so too. 

 The perimeter to the compound was all but impenetrable, and I took to scanning the elements to check for any changes in the surrounding forest, another gift that no one knew that I had the capability of. I was already a mark because I was deemed too powerful, a prize for any rival pack or coven to single out and take down. It has made my life a living hell, more so now that I had a mate that was my very life and my pups that were a living breathing part of me. I feared that anyone or anything stupid enough to threaten them would unleash everything in me that I have forced into being dormant and to awaken that part of me would not be pretty.

 Laying back on the sofa I was trying to ease my mind by catching up on a novel I started but never got to finish, that was when I heard a whole lot of splashing and a deep frustrated sigh and I looked up just in time to see three little wet cherubs sliding past the living room entrance in the hallway followed by their very annoyed father chasing behind them with a large towel in his hands. I smiled and stepped into the hallway and nabbed Sebastian’s slippery little body just as he went to slide in between my legs. I grabbed Trenton with the other hand and held them like footballs while they giggled and squirmed in my arms. Dominic was currently being cornered and scooped up with peals of laughter escaping his little mouth and Seth blew bubbles on his fat little tummy.

“Hmm…bath time I see.” I said as I walked over and pecked my mate on his forehead. He blew his curls out of his eyes and tilted his pretty little face up at me and smirked at me.

 “Your children are going to cut my life span in half.” He said and continued to hold onto the wiggling little beast in his arms.

 We headed back down the hall to the nursery. “How come when they are mine when they are misbehaving, but yours when they perfect angels?” I asked heaving my sturdy boys a bit more firmly up under my arms.

 My beautiful mate snorted. “Because they got all their bad habits from you, my love,” and he led the way into the nursery.

 Between the two of us we managed to diaper, powder, dress, and feed our little ones. I loved participating in all aspects of their care. I never imagined that this would have been my life, that I would have so much love and emotion brought into my bleak existence, because I wasn’t living until my beautiful angel came into my life. I thanked he spirits everyday for blessing me with my little love and my pups. With my sons happy, clean, and settled I took my mate by the hand and we quietly made our way out of the nursery. I led him to our bedroom and turned him around and brought him into the circle of my arms.

 “Did I tell you that I love you today?” I asked as I pecked him on his pretty pink lips.

He smiled coyly at me and blushed so prettily. I could feel my cock wake up and take notice. “No, but thank you baby, I love you too.” He whispered and I could feel the pride at hearing those words shiver through my body. I pulled him closer and ran my nose along the line of his elegant neck. His scent and our mating scent combined caused delicious tingles to shoot over my skin and it unleashed my wolf.  With a rumbling growl and a little yelp from my precious little one, I picked him up and tossed him onto our huge bed and quickly covered his slender body with my much larger frame.