Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Carson POV…

(Carson and Seth's Bedroom--->)

 Seth’s birthday was three days ago and we gave him such an elaborate party that people were still eating leftovers and the children were still bouncing balloons all over the clearing and the pack house where I have firmly encased myself for as long as possible during the days before going home well after dark in hopes that my tempting mate was sleeping when I got home. Every brush of his skin against mine and every sound that he made, everything about him, his scent, his lips, and his sexy little body were calling out for me to take him, to ravish him, and ride him so hard that we both will be incapable of walking for days. I was a walking talking hard on. My balls were about to explode and it made me cranky as hell; so much so, that people generally scrambled out of my way when they saw me coming.

 So here I am in the middle of the morning in a foul mood slumped into one of the chairs in Peyton’s office in the pack house as he performed his daily routines of calls and pack business. Lucas and the other war wolves were out patrolling and the other Elders were currently at my house observing my mate. Aaron and Ben were there standing guard over my beautiful boy, so I wasn’t too concerned about his well being, although my wolf was disgruntled and wanted to be as close as he possibly could to Seth. I wanted that too, but I knew the minute I let go of my control I was going to take him, and in doing so I was going to breed him. I knew it, my wolf knew it, and so did the other Elders. I didn’t mind, but I wasn’t the one that was going to carry our offspring and even though Seth seemed okay with the idea, I knew he still had some uncertainties, so until he gave me the green light I was going to have blue balls.

 I groaned and shuffled yet again in my seat and Peyton lifted his head and smirked at me. “Man, I feel so sorry for you.” He chuckled and threw his pen down before clamping his hand behind his head, the action showing off his massive pecs and bulging biceps. I just grunted at him and he chuckled again and went back to the computer screen on his desk. Not long after Lucas came inside and reported that everything was alright on the borders. They were going to question Thomas again today and Peyton didn’t want me involved yet given his father’s loyalty to the pack, but if he continued to be uncooperative I was going to have to step in and the little shit wasn’t going to like it because this situation involved my mate’s well being.

 Lucas was saying something else but I didn’t hear what it was because a flash of searing heat tore through my body, it was so raw and intense it threw me physically out of the chair and onto the floor. A pained growl escaped my chest as my skin ripped and fur sprouted, my wolf was called forth and with the snapping of bones I changed unwillingly for the first time ever. The scent of my mate shrouded my senses and everything blacked out of my vision. Peyton shot to his feet and hollered for Lucas to open the office door and clear everyone out of my way, he continued to tell him to clear my house of everyone but my mate. Lucas shot forward and as he opened the door to follow the Alphas orders my wolf shot past him, his sole purpose was to find our mate.

 My paws pounded across the ground and my breath released in plumes as I covered the distance to my cabin. Lucas and a few of the war wolves were hot on my tail, but in my determination to reach my mate I didn’t stop to engage them. I burst through the clearing and Seth’s scent caused my eyes to roll into the back of my head and a whine to escape from deep within me. I snapped when a powerful force stopped me in my tracks. Disorientated my eyes flashed around trying to find the source of power preventing me from locating Seth. I growled with menace and my eyes began to glow calling forth my energy.

 “Calm yourself, we are just giving them time to clear the children. Your mate in heat wolf and it has summoned you; we have him safely inside your home, so control yourself until the young ones are sent on their way.” The voice penetrated the fog of lust clouding my senses. I looked to the line of gathered Elders; it took all their combined powers to hold me as they stood in a line with their hands in front of them directing their energies to keep me immobile. The women and the war wolves with the Beta’s help steered the children from the clearing where they gathered daily to play and exercise with Seth, they disappeared through the lines of the trees back towards the pack house. The Elders still holding me as they made their way to the path as well, I felt their energy field drop and I rushed to the house.