"About to call Uncle August." Kayden replied just as I went and hit FaceTime and handed the phone back to her.

She went and climbed on the bed and Chay walked in and sat next to her.

I went ahead and focused back on the wig while they both talked over each other to speak to August.

I was so happy they grew attached to him so quick, I was afraid just showing them pictures wouldn't be good enough.

I guess things work out in weird ways.

**

SKYLAR
later that day

"She's gonna be his little shadow." I told Chandra as I took a photo of August and Kayden.

"Yeah, I can see it

"Yeah, I can see it." She replied picking Bre up and gave her five.

"What were you doing today?" I asked following her upstairs as August stayed downstairs with the girls.

"Working on a new wig unit." She answered doing a handshake with Bre.

"Frontal maybe?" I asked walking into her room seeing the stuff every where. "Full lace." She replied and I nodded sitting on the side of her bed and picked up the pack of red hair.

Bre came over and I picked her up sitting her next to me while Cha sat at the vanity.

"How many clients do you have tomorrow?" I asked taking the marker from Bre.

"Seven." She answered then frowned and I laughed.

"Do you feel like we're boring at the Salon?" I asked and she shook her head. "No, I like da fact dat you try to keep things clear from drama. We all love gossip, but there's a certain level that you do things." She explained and I nodded in agreement.

"What do you think of Quentin?" I asked putting the pack of hair down.

"I like him, I would get tired of leaving on the weekends to go back to N.O. tho." She said. "He's only doing it until his lease is over, which is next month thank God." I told her and she laughed softly.

"Who's Kim? I heard him talking about her da other day." She asked looking at me through the mirror.

"Like in a bad way?" I questioned and she shook her head. "She was a friend of ours, Trina and Q worked for her and I just hung out with them whenever August and Nell had to handle business. She wanted me to work for her, which I was until I found out that August and Nell bought a building for us." I told her.

Nodding, she picked up the ventilating needle.

"Do you think she's upset dat she lost two of her best workers?" She asked and I shrugged.