"Oh my word, I'm talking a lot, aren't I?" The girl asked. She smiled bashfully. "I'm sorry. My mama always says that I speak enough for all the people in Georgia. I'm Honey,"

"Honey?" I asked.

"Yeah, Mama named me that after her Grandmama Honey, it's a family name."

"That's nice," I smiled. "I'm Josephine, but my friend's call me Jo."

Honey smiled back at me before we both turned to the front where the Professor was standing.

"Welcome," The woman said. "I'm Professor Stevenson, and this is Creative Writing A101,"

Professor Stevenson had an inviting smile, and I was happy to find that I suddenly knew that college was going to be okay.

~

Dylan - One year later

I rolled over to find Josephine already awake, staring at me.

"Morning," I said lowly, clenching my eyes shut again. I didn't want to be awake.

"Good morning,"

Her voice was slightly gravelly, and the sound of it immediately lit a fire inside of me. With my eyes still closed, I reached out to pull her to me, and was satisfied when I felt her scoot closer.

"Why are you awake this early?" I asked. Sleep had officially left me, and I knew I'd have to wake up fully.

"It's nearly eleven," Jo spoke quietly, just for me to hear. Her fingers lightly trailed over my naked chest, drawing invisible patterns that only she could see.

"Like I said," I grinned a little. "Too early,"

Her quiet laugh erupted around my bedroom, and I wished I could hear it all the time. We spent every spare moment we had together, and she had been in New York for a year and a half, yet she still refused to live with me.

I need to focus on school, not be distracted. She had said.

I'm a distraction? I remember asking. Her smile was beautiful when she responded.

In the best way.

"You're just lazy," Josephine stuck her tongue out at me slightly, and I faked a gasp.

"You just asked for it," I said, grabbing her sides and flipping us over so I was on top of her.

My hands came down to her body, tickling her sides. She squirmed under me, giggles falling from her lips as she tried to fight my hands away. I laughed loudly as I continued my torturous movements, both of us running out of breath.

"Teddy!" She exclaimed, her laughter continuing as she attempted to be stern. "Stop it!"

I steadied my hands on her, but continued to grasp her hips. I looked down at the girl below me, both of us catching our breath from laughing.

"That was not nice," She huffed out.

"You're the one that called me names," I countered, my tone mocking.

"I was just being honest,"

Jo pushed me back and climbed over me, switching our positions. I loved that she wasn't afraid to take control in our relationship, it only served to prove that she was becoming stronger and more comfortable with herself.

She put her hands around the back of my neck, resting her forehead on mine.

"Are you going to apologize?" I asked; our mouths were so close.