Blanket Kick | Jungkook

I lie awake with Snow curled into my side fast asleep. She's restless in her sleep tonight; something that is odd for her. Usually she's a still and peaceful sleeper. I can't sleep because I'm worried about her. I fear the rumours are starting to interfere with her sleep; I remember they did once with me. I tossed and turned for hours wondering if there was any truth behind the rumours. Snow hums every now and then, burying herself closer into me. Her cold fingers press into my side. Her body stiffens and relaxes. I can't sleep with her like this. I'm scared for her.

She's begun to shake as though she has a fever and she muttering incoherent words. I sweep her hair out of her eyes and gently call her name to try and wake her. She hums after I call her name softly, over and over. Please, please wake up. Snow jolts out of my grasp when I say her name a little louder, a cold film of sweat covers her skin. Her breathing is heavy and irregular like she's choking on the air. She shakes uncontrollably next to me before sliding out of the sheets in one swift blanket kick.

I rise deliriously after her; worried. She's never woken up in the middle of the night like this. I watch her pace around, her hands rake through her hair. She paces back and fourth for a few minutes before I stand and wrap my arms around her to stop her in her tracks. Her whole body stiffens and then relaxes under me. She buries herself deep into me, her head nestled into my shoulder so I can feel her elevated breaths over my chest and her heartbeat thump through her own.

She's so cold but I hold her close none the less. Her body shakes as I hold her wordlessly. Small patterns were being traced into the bare skin of her shoulders where her jumper had fallen from her narrow form. Well it's my jumper. She's become quite taken to wearing my things to sleep in. I don't mind at all. I think it's very sweet to see her bundled up in all of the fabric.

I can hear her crying. Snow what's wrong? Please talk to me. Last time something was bothering you, you shut my out until you broke. Please don't do that again. I can't watch you go through that again. I gently comb my fingers through her hair to remove the knots that she caused. "Snowie? Talk to me?" I plea. She sniffs against my chest and snuggles into me. "Baby girl what happened?" I coax her.

"I dreamt that Ren's never getting out" Snow whispers. "I know it's not true, but all I can see when I close my eyes is my best friend chained up" My heart breaks for her. Her cold fingers press against my abdomen seeking my warmth. Her small hand makes a fist against my rib cage. "It's so silly and yet I can't make the images go away." She cries quietly. I gently shush her, mumbling for her to just breathe, calm down a little.

I gently guide her back to the bed once her shakes subdue and her breathing becomes more regular. Snow allows me to pull her into my lap as I lean against the headboard. Her long legs drape around me as she leans on me. Her head rests in my shoulder once again. I hold on of her hands while the other is carefully rubbing her back; trying to get some warmth back into her body.

Snow's cold fingers brush the back of my hand. I cast my attention down to her, my eyes getting lost in the silver blue of hers, glittering with the tears she has shed and the tears that have yet to fall. I swipe my thumbs across her cheeks to wipe away the tears. "She'll be okay" I whisper to her.

"You don't know that" She says in a quiet, broken voice.

"Maybe" I say "But I know that when you're scared, your mind play tricks on you" Snow looks away from me. I watch as a shiver takes over her form. "Hey" I whisper, touching her face with cold, gentle fingers. "They'll both be okay" I tell her again. Her blue eyes are that of a puppy's; wide and adorable.

"You're probably right. I'm sorry" I can't tear my eyes away from hers as I manage to catch the smile that forms on her face, in the dimly lit room.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I say quietly. I swallow hard and look down at her hand as she links her fingers through mine. She holds me tightly. "You're hands are freezing. Are you alright?" I ask her.

"Yes" she says "I'm fine considering I'm not exactly dressed warmly" I feel my cheeks heat up when I remember that all she is wearing is one of my jumpers. Her bare legs wrapped around my waist. I didn't even think before I pulled her into my lap for comfort. Snow laughs under her breath; she has seen my face flush. My fingers gently touch her legs. She's cold all over.

"Do want any sweats or leggings to wear? You're cold still" I ask her. Snow shakes her head. One of Snow's dark curls has fallen into her eyes. I hate that it covers her bright blue eyes. I tuck it gently behind her ear. My fingers trail to the ends of her hair where I loop one of the curls round my finger. Once my fingers leave her hair I want nothing more than to run my whole hand through the soft, thick curls.

"Kookie? What's going on; you're not usually like this?" Snow asks me. She has a point.

Before I can even register what I'm doing my hands are back in her hair, gently combing through the soft, tangled curls bought on by slumber. When my hand reaches her jaw I cup her face in my hands. Her bright wide eyes search mine in the dark. Her eyes are so bright. What does she see in mine?

"I worry about you" I whisper back to her, swiping my thumb over her soft skin.

"Why?" She asks in return, knitting her fingers into my t-shirt and casting her eyes down at her hands to avoid my gaze. Such a silly question; and yet I get tongue tied over my answer.

Because I love you.

Because I can't lose you.

Because I love you.

But I don't say it. All I say is: "I can't help it. I just do"