Pain In The Ass

Katherine

I sat in my car, staring at the moon through the windshield. It was beautiful and broad even through the rain. I racked my brain for a sign that I like moons. I thought of nothing. I reached over in the passenger seat and grabbed the phone I took from the field after I went back searching for it. I replayed the wedding for the sixtieth time that night and analyzed it. I looked happy. I looked truly happy. I don't fucking remember it! I put the phone down. I saw Brian's team exit the hospital. They all looked worn out. I ducked behind the wheel and followed them with my eyes. They walked over to the hotel with stressed faces.

I got out my car, the rain immediately soaking me. I paused. Do I really want to know more about myself? Do I really want to betray Bill? I mean, I did already when I killed my entire team and ran. But the images of Brian's eyes as they stared at me kept flashing in my head. It was like he was looking at a pot full of gold. I want to know why I am gold. So I walked in.

"Не могли бы вы рассказать мне, где Брайан О'Коннор?" I asked the front desk.

She looked at me. She told me visiting hours were over.

"Я его жена." I told her that I was his wife.

She nodded slowly and told me the room number. I thanked her and took the stairs up to the fifth floor. I walked into his room. He was hooked up to machines and everything. But he was awake and his eyes caught mine. I took a deep breath and walked in fully.

"Came here to finish me off?" He asked.

I sat down in a chair and crossed my legs. I looked down.

"You love pizza and cheesecake. Actually, you have an intense sweet tooth. Whenever you go grocery shopping, you always get all sorts of snacks. You like red wine and Bourbon but if you're trying to get drunk, anything will do. You are very honest and sometimes rude but you're awesome. Your birthday is August twenty eighth. You love Stranger Things and Greys Anatomy. Your dream car is a Tesla." He told me after moments of silence. "Your brother Kaleb, you guys fought constantly. Not just insults but actual hand to hand combat. But you wouldn't let a soul hurt him. Alina is your go to person and you're hers." He continued.

"And you?"

"You love me." He looked me in the eyes. "You call me a pain in the ass and you want to kill me most of the time. But you are in love with me, Katherine. And I'm in love with you."

"I'm gold." I whispered.

"More than gold. You're like...Christmas morning." Brian smiled slowly. "I need you to come home so I can fix you. I need you. Our daughters need you."

I bit my lip.

"I'm not leaving Russia until you come back with me." He declared.

I sighed. "You really are a pain in the ass, huh?"

"I'm the pain in your ass." He gave me a soft smile.

I gave him one back.

-

Guys. If you are a Marvel fan or a Bucky fan or just want some new books to read, go check out @Bucky_Barnes_Wife book. She just published the first chapter today and I checked it out and I liked it. And Cynthia, who is a complete Marvel Stan, loved it so yeah. If you want, just go show some support to the new member of Wattpad 😊😊

Also, Toothy is becoming very sassy. 🙄

-Chicken Soup 🍜