Can't Let You Go

Katherine

Two weeks I wait for him to call me. Every night, I sit with my phone in my hand ready to answer on the first ring. And every night, my heart hurts because it doesn't. Mum and I move into Kaleb's house. Its large and pretty. He definitely got his sense of style from his mother. We all have a blast together. We take mum to a strip club which she enjoys. We go to see movies and everything. Mum and I get our nails done together and Kaleb stays home to play video games. He teaches me how to play this game called Fortnite which is pretty fun. Life is good.... except Brian isn't a part of it.

One night, I had enough. I get up and get dressed and storm outside. It is pouring down rain. I mean, I can barely look up because water gets in my eyes. I don't care. I need to see him. On the way there, I sort out what I'm going to say. I am going to tell him that I missed him and how leaving him was not okay but I did it for the sake of my mother and I will not apologize for it. His house is also big and the outside is well maintained. The lights are on and his Skyline is outside. I stop my car and get out, the raining dripped down my clothes. I rush to his door and knocked loudly. He answered.

I looked in his eyes and forget everything I rehearsed. I began speaking, my heart in every word.

"I'm sorry." I told him. "I am sorry I left you. I am sorry I've been a Bitch to you. No excuses. I cannot except that you are done with me because everyone that came into my life has given up on me at one point or another and you're different and Brian, I can't tell you how much I've missed you. You are everything I want in a man and I've screwed it up and I hate myself for it. And-"

He cut me short by stepping out, grabbing my face and kissing me passionately. The kiss was hot and steamy and perfect. He holds onto my face, rain soaking the both of us. He pulls back and looked in my eyes. We got lost in each other's stare. He lifts me up, my legs around his waist and carried me in, closing the door behind him.

-

I wake up slowly. The sun is blaring through the window. California is bipolar, I see. The bed in which I am laying in is soft and the bed sheets are white. Last night was incredible. I remember every kiss, every grunt, every touch. Brian was unbelievable. I turn around and he is staring at me.

"Good morning." He whispered. He pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Hi." I stretched. "Last night was perfect."

"You were perfect." He replied.

"Same to you." I rise slowly.

"Leaving?" He asked. He sat up, too. His perfect chest was exposed.

"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head. "I'll cook you breakfast. Just stay."

"I think I need a shower, love. I have a little...uhm...yeah on me." I laughed.

"Yours. Not mine. I'm a gentleman." He informed me. "But hop in and I'll bring you my clothes."

I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. Goodness Gracious. I smiled at myself. I have him. I have Brian O'Connor and I'll be damned if I ruin this again. I get in the shower and am in there for a while when Brian comes in. I peek out of the curtain. He laid a shirt and some boxer briefs on the sink with a towel.

"There are tooth brushes under the sink." He informed me.

"Noted. Thank you, love." I pulled the curtain back and continued my shower. I'm in there for maybe a hour and a half and get out. I dressed in his clothes which has his scent. I go downstairs where there is food waiting. I immediately dive in. Brian is an amazing cook. He cleans the kitchen.

"Not hungry?" I asked him.

"No not really." He replied.

"Thank you. For everything." I said quietly.

"Your welcome." Brian smiled. "Just promise me one thing."

"Hm?"

"Don't leave like that again. Please."

I looked him dead in the eyes. "I promise."