What To Do Next

Katherine

I walked downstairs slowly, making sure to be very careful and not get nauseous again. I didn't want to blow any more chunks today. Brian is setting the table.

"Hey." He smiled when he looked at me.

"Hey." I responded.

"How are you feeling? Hungry?" He asked.

"I'm afraid if I eat, I'll throw up." I told him. "Again."

"Babe, you have to eat something." He told me. "I made eggs and bacon."

"No. No bacon." I shake my head slowly.

He walked back to the kitchen and bought out a bowl of eggs and sat them in front of me. I helped myself to a little. Brian didn't seem very hungry.

"So you were thinking about getting rid of it, huh?" He whispered.

I paused, mid chew. "I don't want you to look back on your life and feel like you were trapped. I want you to be happy in this life...with me."

"Katherine, I want this kid." He told me. "I really do. Having a baby...I always read about how a child brings joy in your life and how it makes two people connect in a way that is overwhelming. I think you'd make a kick ass mom. So let's keep the baby."

"You don't feel trapped?" I asked.

"Fuck no." He laughed. "If I felt trapped, I wouldn't have married you. I love you. I was up all night thinking about us with a child."

"Really?" I smiled.

He nodded.

"Okay." I whispered. "We're having this baby."

We gave each other a high five and fist bump. For the first time since I found out I was pregnant, I am excited. Me and Brian living the white picket fence life. We've have to make the house safe. No more hidden guns, no more shanks. This baby will be in the best and happiest home like ever. There was a knock on the door. Brian frowned.

"Expecting someone?" He asked me.

"No." I shake my head.

Everyone on the team has a key. Or they have the security code. Brian gets up to open the door and I follow. When Brian answered I saw an older man with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Are you Brian O'Connor?" The man looked like he was about to cry.

"Yes. Who's asking?" Brian frowned.

"I...I'm your father."