Fear

Katherine

I slowly open the door to the compound. It's not big. One level building with vans parked outside. These guys are obviously confident in themselves since they didn't have any security outside. I led the group, rounding corners. My mind was on the event that happened earlier. Should I tell Brian? Should I worry him with my bullshit like I normally do? I don't know.

"Katherine, code blue." My mother whispered to me. Her and Kaleb were flanking me.

I turned to my left and saw a bunch of guys in a room, talking. We quickly moved away from the door so we can still have the element of surprise.

"Chase, Dom, stay here. Take out anyone that tries to come to the rescue." I whispered.

"Why Dom?" Letty frowned.

"He's the biggest and most sophisticated out of us all."

"And why me?" Chase asked.

"Because I want you to die, duh." I replied.

"Enough of the flirting." Brian snapped.

"Flirting?" I am appalled.

"I know you fucked him back there." Brian hissed at me.

"I did no such thing." I replied.

"You fucked Chase?" Rome asked.

"No." I growled.

"Why?" Tej asked.

"I didn't-" I began.

"That's fucked up, Katherine." Mother commented.

I whirled around, to the room and ran in, guns blazing. It was mayhem. People shouting, bodies dropping, blood everywhere. By the time I got finished shooting, mostly everyone was dead. There was like five people left but I didn't want to shoot them. I wanted to let out anger.

"Team, guard the doors!" I yelled.

"We're going to Bruce Lee these sons of bitches?" Kaleb asked.

"Damn straight." I took my weapons off my body. So did my mother and brother.

I charged at the biggest guy, landing blows against his face. He stumbled backwards and grabbed me by the wrist, flinging me against the wall. I got up off the floor, and grabbed his ankle. He didn't budge. He lifted me by the shirt and literally chucked me halfway across the room. I crashed in the table, it breaking under me. I coughed, stunned. There was shots happening outside the door. My mother was kicking ass, Kaleb as well. And then there was me, off my game.

I got up, grabbed a leg from the broken table and stood still, waiting for him.

"Silly, bitch." He growled, running towards me.

I hit him across the face with the leg and his skin broke on his cheek. I hit him again and once more before he grabbed the stick from my hand and threw it. He lifted me by my arms and smacked his head into mine. I fell on the floor, feeling defeated. And then the thought of my girls not seeing my face when they wake in the morning. I stood up, and growled. I grabbed his neck and pushed my hands in opposite directions. He fell on the floor, lifeless. My mother and Kaleb were watching me.

"It's about time." Kaleb grinned.

"Fuck off." I gave him the finger.

The team walked in.

"Letty, Tej, Rome, check for other stragglers." I ordered.

They ran off.

"Katherine, your little boyfriend is hurt." Brian told me.

I walked out and saw Chase on the floor, holding his side which was bleeding. I sighed, tired.

Tej, Rome and Letty ran back to us. "All clear."

"This little team managed to bomb British bases?" Mother rolled her eyes. "Thank God we moved to America."

"Katherine. Help me. Please." Chase groaned.

I crouched down beside him and looked him dead in the eyes. I let him feel the fear I felt in that room. I let him understand that I may be a mom, a boss, a wife...but I was born an assassin. I'm Katherine Howard. No one fucks with me and lives to see the next day. I reached my hand to caress his face, everyone confused. I broke his neck, stood and smiled slowly.

"Katherine. Are you okay?" Kaleb asked.

"I am fine." I smiled wider. "Let's go. I need to see my daughters."