The Job

Brian

My dad walks in with Leslie a few hours after Katherine gave birth. He had a gift bag with pink balloons. Leslie was...Jesus. My twin. She had long and wavy blonde hair and blue eyes. She was petite and dressed in all black.

"Leslie, meet your brother." Dan walked over to Katherine and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He put the bag by her foot because Katherine was holding Quinn. I was currently holding Brooke.

We are scheduled to feed them in a little bit.

"Hey." I smiled at her.

"Damn, you look just like Dad." She whispered.

"So do you." I laughed.

"Leslie, meet Katherine." Dad called.

Kaleb came over to me with Ruby. He was hogging her.

"Your genes are strong. But not stronger than a Howard's." He informed me.

It was true. All of the girls had jet black hair. It was too early to tell the eyes because they were just born and hadn't opened their eyes yet. I pray they have at least one of my features. Kaleb showed me a picture of him and Kat as babies and the trio looks exactly like them. I was a little jealous. My dad took Leslie around the room to meet the team and then washed his hand to hold one of the girls. He took Quinn. He looked like a fucking expert.

"So no more secret missions?" Dan asked, rocking Quinn softly.

"What?" Katherine frowned.

"Well, I mean, you're parents now." Dan replied.

"Yeah. You take care of the babies and then you get back out there. It's my job." Kat argued.

"Baby, we have three daughters now. We have to think about them." I told her.

"I am thinking about them. Like I said, it's my job." Katherine looked at me.

"A job that can get you killed." I shot back. Leslie was texting someone on her phone, she paused to read and began hurriedly typing again.

"Les, sweetie, go get something to eat. There's a McDonald's down the street." Dan held Quinn in one arm and reached in his pocket and gave her money.

"Okay." Leslie waved at all of us and walked out.

"Brian, what the fuck?" Katherine hissed.

"Find another job. You're a mother now." I informed her.

"True. A mom that isn't going to stay home and do loads of laundry all day every fucking day, you prick."

"YOU CAN GET KILLED!"

"I. Am. Katherine. Fucking. Howard." Her voice got dangerously low. "Do you know how many suckers have tried to kill me and here I am. Just dropped a litter. You don't control me sweetie. Sorry."

She's unbelievable.

"Guys, no arguing." Kaleb sighed.

"You can get hurt." I tried a different approach.

"That's what hospitals are for." Kat shrugged. "So you are telling me you're never going to shoot a gun again? Throw a knife again? Race a car again? And what's the reason? It's dangerous? Look at this team, Brian. We're built on fucking danger. It's called being not only fast but furious. And my job is to be fucking furious to whatever asshole is out there. My job is to protect people, protect our girls now."

I didn't reply.

"I am taking months off but baby, I'm getting back out there and eliminating all the harm I can from this world. You can be a stay at home wife. But I know for a fact you can't last that long. You're an adrenaline junky. That's why you are apart of this team." She shrugged again.

Katherine's mom came back in with formula. Katherine had already expressed she doesn't want to breast feed because feeding all of them at once is impossible and it's not fair that two get the "good stuff" and one doesn't. But she's been gone for a while.

"Mom, how long was it until you began working again after you gave birth to Kaleb and I?" Kat asked.

"Baby, I was working three days after." She waved her hand.

Katherine looked at me pointedly. "We have Alina, babe. She can help out."

That did it.

"Alina is not their fucking mother, Katherine!" I growled, upset. "You are and you're willing to fucking die in a battle than be home with your family. You are seriously crazy."

"I will care for my babies." Katherine nodded. "Before and after I do what I'm best at. Killing people."

"You guys do realize there's a lawyer here and we could all go down?" Rome asked.

"If you feel like I'm so crazy, maybe you should've knocked up a decent girl. But you knocked me up so deal with it." Katherine sat back in the bed.

"Katherine." Her mom whispered.

"What?" Katherine rolled her eyes to her mom.

"When you do return to work and your stitches aren't healed, just avoid tearing them." Her mom nodded.

"Noted."

"Nobody won't let you work." Kaleb shook his head. "Not for a long time anyway."

"I will break Nobody's finger." Katherine informed us all. "I don't follow his or anyone's rules."

And just like that, the old Katherine Howard was back.

"Guys, you should discuss this when you cross that bridge." Dan was looking at Quinn.

Quinn began to cry, loud. The other two followed in her lead.

"That's a hungry cry." Dan nodded. "I'll teach you how to feed your babies."

-

What do you think? Is Kat or Brian in the wrong?

Or are they both right or wrong?

And btw thank you for 12k reads🤭😊. It's so awesome that u guys actually like Furious Chick so thank you so much Babies ❤️💕

-Chicken fucking Soup 🍜