Abduction

Katherine

I park my car in the garage and walk to the house. Its mayhem. The table is overturned, food and bowls splattered all over. Even some broken glass. I frowned because my eyes hone in on some blood on the clean tiles. What the fuck?

On the counter is a number on a sticky note. I pull out my phone and call it.

"I'm assuming you arrived home." A woman voice came from the other line.

"Who is this?"

"The name is Cami. Please, call me Cami." She laughed.

"Where are they?"

"Your team? Oh, them. They're all sitting at my table. They can hear you. Say hello."

"Are you guys okay?"

"Well, not exactly. See, we're chained and hungry." Roman replied.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"A burger and some fries."

"Not you, jack ass."

"I want you. Actually I need you." Cami sighed. "I need you dead. Your my only threat."

"I don't even know who you are." I frowned.

"Ah, but I know who you are. Your number one on the deadly chart. I used to be number one."

"All of this over a petty list?"

"Either you or them."

"When and where?" I hissed.

"Katherine, no!" Kaleb yelled.

"Right off of route 8. Big fancy building. Bottom floor to be exact. Now, I've studied you enough to know one thing. Hell, my men were killed by you.... You aren't going down without a fight. And I just want you to prepare yourself because in the end, you. Will. Lose."

She hung up. I sank to the floor. I said some awful things to Kaleb this morning. Things I can't take back. I may not like the barnyard but they are my team. And if I have to take down an army base...your damn right I will.

-

Short chapter but I have a serious migraine.

-Chicken Soup