Being There for My Brian

Katherine

"Babe, if you don't want a relationship with your father, that's fine. But at least meet Leslie. Growing up, there was stuff I couldn't tell my parents. So I turned to Kaleb." Katherine sat on the bed. "Be there for your sister."

He sighed. I know he was dealing with a lot. Wrapping his head around everything. The pregnancy, his mom being a cunt, his dad coming back, his sister. It's a lot and I get that. I just want him to find out about the O'Connor blood line.

Brian sat on the bed next to me. He seemed really torn up. "Why would my mom..."

"I don't know. Maybe it wasn't her choice. Maybe it was the parents."

"I had to learn how to fish, ride a bike, fight, play pool...all on my own meanwhile he was becoming a fucking lawyer in a happy life with a whole other kid." Brian had a pool of tears in his eyes.

"Hey, baby." I stand in front of him. "Get to know him. I read people very well, love. He did not seem like a bad guy at all. He wants to get to know you. If the situation were reversed and you found out about our baby, wouldn't you want a chance to get to know the little shit?"

He smiled, the tears falling.

"Give him a chance." I kissed his head. "And if you don't like him, I'll handle him."

He laughed a sad laugh. "My Queen. Ready to exterminate anyone who messes with me."

"Damn straight. Come here." I grabbed his hands as he stands. I hold his face. "Make the call. Set up a meeting with your fucking dad and your sister."

"Will you come?" He asked.

"Do you want me to come?" I raised my eyebrows.

He nodded.

"I'll be by your side every fucking step of the way. I promise." I kissed him. I pulled him into a bear hug. I know he was still crying. "All right, you sensitive bitch. Shut up."

He laughed again, this time more upbeat. His hand lifted to stroke my hair. "I love you."

"I'm awesome right?" I smiled. "I love you, too."

We broke apart and I took a few steps back. I began to feel nauseous again.

"Okay, so I'm pretty sure I have to puke again. I'm going to shower, love." I hit his rear as I walked to the bathroom.

"Watch those hands, Kathy. You're pregnant and I need to control myself." He called after me.

I paused and turned around. "You can still bone while pregnant."

Just then, I felt it. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Brian dropped to my side and did his routine holding of the hair and rubbing my back. After I was done, I sat back on the floor.

"You want me to screw that?" Brian smiled.

I laughed and gave him the finger. We both cracked up in laughter right there on the bathroom floor.