Bullet 2.0

Brian

We sit in the backyard of our house, the food prepared, drinks being served. We all wanted to have a nice family dinner for old times sake. Katherine made me invite some old friends because of my confession about missing life in Miami. She's so dramatic. Just as we are starting to sit down, there was a knock on the door.

"Your guest, go answer it." Katherine said to me after she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I was somewhat nervous. I haven't seen Suki and Jimmy since I left Miami to become a FBI agent. But I went to the door and my jaw dropped. Suki wasn't Suki. She wasn't the decked out in pink, skinny little thing I remember. She's muscular now, her hair is long and black. She's not as tan as she once was. And Jimmy...there's really nothing changed about Jimmy. He had a champagne bottle in his hand. Kaleb and Mrs. Howard would love this.

"Bullet." Suki gave me a bear hug and a kiss on the cheek. Oh God.

As son as she left me go, I looked around to see if Katherine was looking. She was nowhere to be found. I'm good. Jimmy handed me the bottle and gave me a simple dap.

"Looking good bullet." Jimmy laughed.

"Bullet?" Kaleb walked over. "Who the hell is Bullet?"

"I'm Bullet." I said.

"I thought Dom would be the bullet in this team." Kaleb frowned.

"Well I am."

"Dom is faster than you." Kaleb argued.

"Suki, Jimmy, this is my brother in law, Kaleb Howard. Kaleb, these two were my friends back in my Miami days."

"Pleasure to meet you." Kaleb shook both of their hands. He turned to me. "Well, Bullet 2.0, Katherine is getting antsy. You know how she gets when she's hungry."

"We'll be right there." I told him.

He gave Jimmy and Suki a nod and walked back to the backyard.

"Marriage, home...what next? Kids?" Jimmy laughed.

"Actually..." I smiled, proud. "I have three."

"You have three kids?" Suki looked stunned.

"I do. Triplets. All girls." I nodded.

"Congratulations, Bullet." Suki hugged me again.

"Thank you. They're going to one years old in about two months."

"Birthday party?"

"Of course."

"I want to be there." Suki declared.

"Same here, dog. Tell me, at your wedding, did you wear shorts and Converse?" Jimmy asked.

"Nah, man. I'm old now." I replied.

Jimmy laughed and we walked to the backyard. Katherine and Kaleb were whispering in the corner. Katherine looked like she was hanging on to his every word. As soon as Tej and Rome saw Suki and Jimmy, they ran over and began exchanging conversations. I walked over to Katherine and Kaleb.

"Mind telling me why you're receiving hugs and kisses from another woman?" Katherine asked me.

"She's very affectionate. That's how we were in Miami. Guess some things never change." I shrugged.

"Oh, they're going to change. And fast." Katherine gave me a slow smile. "She touches you again, I'll rip off her fingers."

"Kaleb." I hissed.

"After her spilling that booze, I'll tell her anything she wants to know if it'll prevent it from happening again." Kaleb held up his hands.

"I should pour a bottle of Bourbon down the drain." I told him.

"And cause severe damage to my heart? You're my brother." He teased.

"Don't feed in to Katherine and her bullshit." I told him. Katherine narrowed her eyes.

"Whatever you say, Bullet 2.0."

-

I'm trying to do this thing were I like include some of the OGs from the franchise. They're not gonna be in every chapter but once in a while. Let me know what ya think.

-Chicken Soup 🍜