In Your Arms

"You are playing too much"

A very familiar voice pronounced.

Taehyung rolled his eyes back in annoyance but I was still able to detect a little bit of what seemed like guilt in his eyes.

His hands were still on my sides, I pushed them down softly and got off his lap.

Jimin.

Again.

I missed him (note the sarcasm).

I got up to my feet, Taehyung still sitting on the bench not even budging even though Jimin interrupted.

I rubbed my arms in slight embarrassment and looked at Jimin, his face plastered with that smirk of his. His eyes are so dark.

What sits behind those dark orbs of yours Park Jimin ?

"Phoebe, you should stop fooling around with Taehyung..." he deadpanned. No trace of emotions on his face.

"Why ? Does it concern you in any way Jimin ? I honestly don't get you, you show no affection towards me and yet you're here putting your nose in my business"

"Because you, or even him could get hurt." he just answered still with a poker face on. It sounded more like a serious warning than an advice.

Jimin was mysterious. And it would be a lie if I said I did not want to understand this whole play of his.

I was still thinking when he walked a few steps towards me.

Closer.

Both his hands behind his back, he slowly leaned in very close to my face and said lowly

"You wouldn't want to get hurt now Phoebe, would you ?"

Something about this situation was not right.

It was making me anxious. More by the minute.

For some reason, I felt oppressed, suffocated as if all air was taken away from my lungs.

After the whole accident, I got very strong, worked on my panic attacks and I also learned to hold in my tears.

As ridiculous as it may sound, I trained very hard.

Just to be able to put this facade of the untouchable, strong, cold girl that I knew deep down never existed and probably never will.

Contrary to my intentions and as if I did not control my body and my reactions anymore, I felt an amount of tears build in my eyes.

It was early in the morning, I just had a croissant and shared a passionate kiss yet he just bursted out of nowhere and ruin everything.

He made me cry

And I hated that.

As the emotions took over me completely, my mouth shut like a cat got my tongue, Jimin brought his hands to my face and cupped it in both hands.

Warmth

Am i really thinking of warmth when he is the one who made me cry in the first place ?

What is he doing to me ?

He erased my tears with his thumbs and to my surprise, let a genuine and gentle smile appear.

Then he just stared.

And I stared back.

We were both lost in each other's gazes and I suddenly remembered that time when he slammed me against the wall and cried before kissing me softly.