They're falling.

Please...please...

I drop the glamour, my wolf surging forward as I attempt to home in onto that energy. Our soul reaches out, searching...

...the second we connect, I'm hit with a tidal wave of emotions.

Merle...

Dot? Dot!

Merle, I-

It drops.

The connection was never stable, to begin with, and from eras separating us...I didn't even think it was possible...

Merle? Merle?!

The energy that it takes...my skull sears with pain and instead of a few drops of blood from one nostril, both are bleeding heavily. I exhale sharply and grasp the edge of the countertop, but a wave of nausea hits me hard and my vision crosses. My grip falters and I feel myself falling backward...

...but I never hit the floor.

A warmth radiates from the point of contact, soft...but it's kept back. My eyelids blink a few times to see that Tresor is gently setting me on the tiled floor. He scans over my body, checking everything before I see him snap his fingers. Purplish flecks descend upon my form, kissing my features softly for a brief moment.

A fog is lifted.

It's only a few moments later when the door nearly is broken in, Aohdan's features quickly replacing where Tresor had once been. He looks at me with confusion and I see his attention shift when his face turns to look back in the slaves' room.

Oh shit...

...my glamour?

It's perhaps minutes that go by before I feel sick again...

...I'm choking on my own vomit before Aohdan is quick and moves me onto my side. I've never felt so weak, crying as the blood from my nose mixes with the putrid smell.

"What the hell happened?!" Grandpa's voice breaks through, looking me over once before setting his gaze in Aohdan.

"I don't know, one of the slaves brought the sounds she was hearing to a coven member's attention," Aohdan's gaze flickers from Grandpa and then to me. He asks, "Does she require medical attention or is this just part of her pregnancy?"

Someone...help me...

My muscles are still tight, my hands balled into fists as I cry softly. Grandpa nods and says, "Something for her nausea would be best."

"I'll have it brought," Aohdan grows silent for a moment, connecting to his coven while Grandpa's eyes find mine. The pity he has for me comes through, but I feel alone and there's nothing anyone can do to help, unfortunately.

I want my mate...

...I want Merle.

"I'll clean her up," Grandpa turns his gaze on Aohdan for a moment, the two nodding at one another. Aohdan rises to his feet, shutting the door behind him while he raises his voice to his slaves. There's a lot going on behind that door, orders being given for the day and tasks about to initiate.

Grandpa's voice is soft as he whispers, "Dot, I'm so sorry. Let's get you into a warm bath to help while waiting for the medication."

Sidney was right...

...personal slaves might play as favored accessories to their masters...but breeders are taken care of beyond what I've ever seen. The genuine concern Aohdan held, it was a flash from my past...or future.

Tempted Fate |18+ (Ménage)✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें