Lee The Peacemaker

Prompt: Lilly wants Lee out of the group. When Carley's argument with Lilly turns physical Lee pulls her away to cool down.

XX

If Lee would've known what was going on between Lilly and Carley a little bit ago, it would have been broken up a long time ago. But before he knew, he just assumed that they were just talking about something important, like supplies. But he should've known better, because Lee and Carley didn't have the best relationship in the world.

But everything changed when he heard "Well he's a danger to the group" come out of Lilly's mouth. He knew exactly what they were talking about then. It was him. Both Lilly and Carley knew that Lee had murdered someone before the apocalypse, but Carley was more cool about it. Lilly, well she wouldn't even give Lee a chance. She kept talking about how Lee was a danger to the group, and she even went on about how Lee shouldn't be around Clementine. Lee ignored it, but he should've known that this was coming.

"He's a good guy actually. Maybe you should get to know him a bit before you talk all of this shit. He's not going to leave the group because you say so." Carley said. Lee could tell that she was pissed. And he didn't want to get in the middle if their little argument.

"Nobody cares what you say, Carley. He doesn't belong here with us." Lilly said.

"You're not the leader of this group, Lilly. You have no day in who stats or who goes. You manage supplies, not people."

"And who are you to tell me off?"

There was a bit more fighting between them, but Lee zoned it out. He couldn't believe that Lilly actually wanted him gone. How could she want him gone? He had to take care of Clementine. She'd was depending on him. Lilly couldn't just leave them on the street, or separate them. It just wouldn't work.

Lee was lost in his own thoughts until he heard Carley scream out "YOU BITCH!" Lee looked back over to where the two women were. Carley was grabbing her cheek. Lilly had slapped her.

Lee watched as Carley swooped in and slapped Lilly back, right across the face. Lilly screamed out and jumped back up, ready to fight Carley. The entire group was gathered around, watching. Lee knew he had to do something before this got too crazy.

He quickly sprung to his feet, ready for action. He was running over to the two women quickly. He grabbed Carley's arm and pulled her back.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Carley snapped. "I was out there defending your ass!" She pulled away from him.

"I know. And thank you. But... There's no need to get physical." He said.

"I'm sorry. She just... Swung first."

"I know. Let's just... I'm sure you need time to cool down."

"I'll do that." Carley said. She looked Lee right in the eyes. "I know it was a bit ridiculous to get physical like that, but... I don't want you out of the group."

Then she walked away, leaving Lee to wonder what the hell that meant.