Oh Shit Maybe They Do Know

Prompt: One where they do tell the group about their relationship.

XX

"Can you just get to the point already? Some of us have better things to do than sit at your 'meetings' all damn day."

Carley whipped around, trying to see who it was that had just shouted that rude comment. Sure enough, it was Larry.

"This will only take up a minute of your time." Carley told the old man, faking a smile. She had called a "group meeting" to discuss one crucial thing: her relationship with Lee. She and Lee had spent countless hours talking about it, and they agreed that everyone in the group had a right to know what was going on between them. They also agreed that it would be best to tell the group now, before they found out some other way. Plus, people were starting to get suspicious of the time that they spent together, and Carley heard they Lilly was accusing her and Lee of stealing the supplies. She thought that Carley and Lee spent their time together "plotting", when really they were just in love. So, it wasn't just to let the group know, but also to prove Lilly's suspicions were wrong.

"Yeah right. If this takes more than a half hour, I'm out." Larry said.

Just leave now. Carley thought to herself. She knew that Larry wouldn't be the nicest when he heard about the relationship, and she wasn't really up to hearing his bullshit right now.

Carley turned around, ignoring him. The rest of the group watched her and Lee with curious eyes, wondering what they had to tell them that was so important.

"Lee and I have something to tell all of you. It's nothing really crucial, but we just thought that you should know. It's a bit overdue." Carley began once everyone was settled in.

Everyone looked up at her. Her gaze darted over to Lee, who continued. "We just wanted to let you guys know that... Uh..." Lee stopped, unsure of how to finish his sentence. He didn't know how to word what he was trying to say.

"What Lee is trying to say is that we have a thing going on. Like, we're in a relationship." Carley finished for him. Lee shot her a "thank you" smile.

"And you brought us all here just to tell us that? Oh, come on." Larry said.

"We wanted to tell you because we didn't want any of you to see us together and get the wrong idea and think that we were doing something wrong." Lee said. He looked straight at Lilly as he said this.

"Okay, that's fine. Just don't make meetings sound so urgent when it's really something simple like this." Lilly said, annoyance dropping in her voice. She got up. "Come on, dad."

Kenny scowled at Lilly and Larry as they walked away. After they were out of sight, he looked over at Lee and Carley. "I think it's good that you made things clear to us, man. Especially to her." He said, and everyone knew that he meant Lilly.

"I'm happy for you two." Katjaa said, smiling.

"Yeah... Um... Uh... I'm happy too." Ben said.

Clementine smiled and hugged Lee.

"Congrats man. I knew it was gonna happen." Mark commented, laughing.

Carley and Lee felt an overwhelming sense of love that swelled their heart. The group was like a big family to them. They both smiled at the group. Carley had been a bit afraid to tell the group at first, but now they they had done it, it felt extremely good.