Who Is It?

Hey everyone. So my internet had been wacky lately. I may not be as active as usual because of this, I'll keep you all posted.

Prompt: Another pregnant Carley one. She didn't tell Lee. This time he finds out because Doug knows and he's going around telling everyone that he's the father. Lee confronts Carley.

XX

Carley tried to ignore the deadly glances that Lilly was giving her. If looks could kill, Carley would be dead right now. She hadn't meant for Doug to see her taking the pregnancy test. It was a complete accident. And now, the news had just somehow spread around.

She didn't need everyone to know. It was her own personal business. She was going to tell the father eventually, but it was going to be secretly. After she told him, they would figure out how to tell the rest of the group. The plan seemed perfect. But Doug had to see her, and now everyone was going to find out this way.

She was also seeing the glances that Lee was giving her. She didn't know if he knew, or if he was just wondering what everyone was whispering about. She wasn't about to ask though. She didn't want to admit it, but she was afraid to talk to him right now.

She had no idea exactly what Doug was telling people. He could be making up lies for all she knew.

She sighed as she sat on the ground, fighting back tears. This couldn't be happening. But it was.

Tears blurred her vision. She didn't want to be loud, so she held back her sobs and just let the hot tears run down her face. She didn't even see Lee approaching.

"Is it him?" He asked as he sat beside her.

"What?" She asked, quickly wiping the tears away.

"Is Doug the father?" He asked. So he did know.

"What? Why the hell would you think that?"

"It's what he's been telling everyone. Listen. If that's the case, it's fine. We just... We just have to end what's going on between us."

Carley stared at him for a second before answering. She didn't want to end what was going on between them. But now it was really going to happen, all because Doug had to go around telling lies. "He's really been telling everyone that he's the father?"

"Yeah. Is it true? Tell me." He asked, and Carley could tell that he really wanted her to say yes, but he didn't want her to lie.

"It's not. I've never slept with Doug. I'm being completely honest here. I never have, and I never will. You're the father, Lee."

"It really is me?"

"Why would I lie? I didn't tell you yet because I had just found out myself. I'm only 6 weeks along. Doug caught me taking the pregnancy test and I guess he assumed that it would be cool to lie about who the father is, like I wouldn't find out and tell everyone who it really is. But it's you."

He pulled her in and kissed her. "Maybe he's just jealous of what we have, and he wants a piece of the action."

Carley laughed. "Maybe. But what he should take note of is that I love you and only you."

"Yeah, he really should. I love you."

"I love you too."