Jealousy

Prompt: Lee sees the heated glances Carley gives Doug, and he gets a bit jealous. Kenny decides to help out. AUish, Drugstore setting.

XX

Lee watched as Doug mindlessly flirted with Carley. He didn't want to admit it, but he was actually quite jealous. He didn't really see himself as the jealous type, but times like this were proving otherwise.

She was smiling at him, laughing, and Lee could tell that they enjoyed each other's company immensely. It sort of pissed him off. They did this every single day. They would always be talking or whatever else they did together, and Lee simply spied on them for the whole time, making sure nothing happened too heated between them. Lee didn't know what he'd do if something did go down, but he would still watch anyway. She knew he was into her too, because she would always flash him these smiles and winks whenever she could. It was almost like she was trying to make him jealous, maybe she was.

He watched as Kenny approached.

"Man, are you spying on them?" Kenny asked.

"What? No." Lee said, quickly turning his head away.

"Uh huh, sure. You should fight Doug." Kenny said. Lee looked at him like he was insane.

"What the fuck? Why?" Lee asked.

"Man, you obviously have a thing for her." Her said, pointing to Carley. "Isn't that the case?"

"Kind of."

"Who are you kidding? You're spying on her talk to another guy for Christ's sake. You like her, and you like her a lot."

"Whatever. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, Doug is edging on your territory. I mean, look at him. He's practically sitting on her lap."

"He's all up in her Kool-Aid and he doesn't even know the flavor."

Kenny laughed. "You didn't just say that."

Lee didn't realize that he had even said that out loud. "Yeah, I didn't."

"But you did."

"Shut up, man."

"Fine. But you gotta do something about it."

"About what?"

"About the flirting over there. Don't tell me ya don't want her, you know you do." Kenny winked.

"Ok, so what the fuck do I do?"

"The same shit he's doing. Flirt with her, but take it to the next level."

"Next level? Wait you don't mean kiss her or something, do you?"

"Whatever you think will work and make him jealous and intimidated. Or just let him win, your choice."

Lee thought for a moment. "Is this really the time for this? I mean, we have bigger things to worry about, and we're over here plotting revenge against Doug. I'll get revenge, just not now."

"Says the guy who spies on them every day."

"I do not."

"I fucking see you. And then when Lilly asks what you're doing, you say that you're making sure all of our supplies are accounted for."

"Hush, she might hear you." Even though Lee was dead serious, Kenny began to laugh hysterically.

"Listen to you..." He said in between laughs.

Lee looked back at Doug and Carley. They exchanged some words, laughed, and then started talking again.

"Do you think she's trying to purposely trying to make me jealous?" Lee asked Kenny, his eyes never leaving Carley and Doug.

"You trying to imply that she's playing hard to get?"Kenny asked.

"I don't know." Lee watched as they laughed again, and then broke off. Doug went back to being on watch, and Carley turned her head so that she was facing Lee. She flashed him a smile and a wink.

"All I know is that she's going to be the death of me, I swear." Lee said, turning away quickly.

Kenny just laughed.